Defensive Carry banner

High Standard Crusader Range Report

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Spidey2011 
#1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

Tableware Plate

Well, I finally got a break in the weather that allowed for some range time a few days ago, so I figured you guys would like a range report. I only had enough time to run a box of ammo through it, but what a fun box it was!:danceban: 50 shots without a failure of any kind. I was completely surprised, considering the amount of problems officer sized 1911's seem to have. It's VERY accurate, too. That entire target was shot from about 30 feet. The one thing that I don't like about it is the black on black sights (Novaks). I do plan on putting night sights on it, since it's sitting in my nightstand right now. It even shot fine with the factory mag (ACT). Overall, I'm pretty impressed with it. For half the price of a Kimber, I've got one heck of a gun. It feels great, the recoil is actually pretty tame, and it's a 1911. What's not to love? :biggrin2:

Any suggestions for upgrades? This is the first 1911 in the collection, so I'm a complete newbie.:embarassed:

See less See more
#2 ·
Good for you! Some guys/gals always go for the " big name " guns when good bargains and great handguns are right out there in plain
sight. I had Trijicon night sights put on my M&PC 9mm and they are really great--- makes a real difference in the look & performance. I
recall High Standard from many years ago and am glad they are " still at it!" Have fun.:35:

#3 ·
P.S. If I could get that kind of results from a 1911, I'd be real happy with it!:wink:

#5 ·
Congratulations! As far as upgrades, night sights are an excellent idea. All my pistols have them. A word of caution, have the sights installed by a licensed gunsmith and save the receipt, otherwise the warranty is voided. On my 1911's I installed extended mag releases and thumb safeties. You'll find under stress that your fine motor skills all but disappear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.