High Standard Crusader Range Report

This is a discussion on High Standard Crusader Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 101_0255.jpg 062511063132.jpg Well, I finally got a break in the weather that allowed for some range time a few days ago, so I figured you ...

Thread: High Standard Crusader Range Report

High Standard Crusader Range Report

101_0255.jpg
    062511063132.jpg

Well, I finally got a break in the weather that allowed for some range time a few days ago, so I figured you guys would like a range report. I only had enough time to run a box of ammo through it, but what a fun box it was! 50 shots without a failure of any kind. I was completely surprised, considering the amount of problems officer sized 1911's seem to have. It's VERY accurate, too. That entire target was shot from about 30 feet. The one thing that I don't like about it is the black on black sights (Novaks). I do plan on putting night sights on it, since it's sitting in my nightstand right now. It even shot fine with the factory mag (ACT). Overall, I'm pretty impressed with it. For half the price of a Kimber, I've got one heck of a gun. It feels great, the recoil is actually pretty tame, and it's a 1911. What's not to love?

Any suggestions for upgrades? This is the first 1911 in the collection, so I'm a complete newbie.

2. Remove Ads

Good for you! Some guys/gals always go for the " big name " guns when good bargains and great handguns are right out there in plain
    sight. I had Trijicon night sights put on my M&PC 9mm and they are really great--- makes a real difference in the look & performance. I
    recall High Standard from many years ago and am glad they are " still at it!" Have fun.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

P.S. If I could get that kind of results from a 1911, I'd be real happy with it!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

GM
    Congrats on your first 1911. Enjoy
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Congratulations! As far as upgrades, night sights are an excellent idea. All my pistols have them. A word of caution, have the sights installed by a licensed gunsmith and save the receipt, otherwise the warranty is voided. On my 1911's I installed extended mag releases and thumb safeties. You'll find under stress that your fine motor skills all but disappear.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    P.S. If I could get that kind of results from a 1911, I'd be real happy with it!
    Trust me, I'm extremely pleased with it. I like the feel of it better than any gun I've shot.

Links