45 ACP vd. .400 Corbon

45 ACP vd. .400 Corbon

This is a discussion on 45 ACP vd. .400 Corbon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Getting close to ordering my new 1911. For a few $100 extra i can get an interchangeable slide and barrel for the .400 Corbon. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cold Shot

Thread: 45 ACP vd. .400 Corbon

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

45 ACP vd. .400 Corbon

Getting close to ordering my new 1911. For a few $100 extra i can get an interchangeable slide and barrel for the .400 Corbon. I don't know much about this round but after a little reading I'm thinking this is as good or even better than the 45 ACP. If you had/have either option which would you load up with, and why?
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

IIRC the .400 CorBon is the same idea as the .357 SIG. It's a .45 case necked down to a .40. It's been around for a while and doesn't seem to have caught on.

IMHO I'd get the .45 and buy more ammo with the few $100 extra cash. YMMV

BTW Congrats! Didn't WI just get Concealed Carry? If IL would follow suit, I might visit more.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

yes to the carry law. well almost yes. gov. hasn't signed yet but says he will. I just moved here from MN so had to convert to a non-resident MN lic. Will be glad to add Wisconsin & Florida to my tickets this winter when I have to renew my MN too.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Or get your 1911 in a 40sw cal.

I'm becoming a purist. A 1911 is 45 ACP only in that world. Besides I'm a big guy at 6-3 275# I can carry a full sized 5" auto and I love big bullets. Yes I know it's more emotional than reality but I've looked at the business end pointed at me twice. once a 32 and the other time a 45. Can honestly say they both scared the hell out of me but the 45 was more intimidating. Just liked the ballistic information I was seeing with the 400 Corbon. I'd consider both but not just the 400 or 40 S&W. BTW for the curious, in another life I was prepossessing cars in Watts California. This the run-ins with guns, dogs, and other weapons of mass destruction. If nothing else taught me to retreat carefully.

.45, I mean really, what's the point of having anything else?
    Spidey2011 likes this.

Sponsored Links