Apex Tactical DCAEK Problem

This is a discussion on Apex Tactical DCAEK Problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys, last night I installed the Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit in my M&P 9c... trigger is much smoother and more predictable (dry fire ...

Thread: Apex Tactical DCAEK Problem

Ok guys, last night I installed the Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit in my M&P 9c... trigger is much smoother and more predictable (dry fire only so far). The problem I am having is that when the slide is in the forward position, the trigger pull feels even worse than before the upgrade. It feels like its grinding on something. When the slide is locked back, smooth as buttah. This is the first time I've ever modified any handgun internals, but I wanted the experience of fully stripping my gun and learning about how it all works. Pretty cool stuff. But I know this is not how its supposed to feel. So, what did I do wrong? I followed Apex's youtube videos for installing the kit. Thoughts? Thanks,

Usually there is an area on the rear of most slides that have an out of battery detent for safety,but should have nothing to do with trigger pull,it sounds like the transfer bar is binding against something,since I havent replaced the standard trigger yet I'm wondering if you got the transfer bar in the position its supposed to be in prior to pinning everything
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Usually there is an area on the rear of most slides that have an out of battery detent for safety,but should have nothing to do with trigger pull,it sounds like the transfer bar is binding against something,since I havent replaced the standard trigger yet I'm wondering if you got the transfer bar in the position its supposed to be in prior to pinning everything
    I agree, while I can't say exactly what it could be binding up or rubbing against, it sounds like the trigger bar is rubbing something. Did you have any trouble re-installing any parts and is it possible you bent the trigger bar?

it's the striker block.

i know exactly what you mean since i installed mine just recently as well.

So what do I need to do to fix it then?

Did you install the upgraded striker block along with the kit? The stock striker block is one of the many areas where S&W was and still is lazy, and is is poorly finished and angular, giving a gritty trigger.

Something I did with my DCAEK equipped M&P9 was lightly stone all contact points. DO NOT change any angles or geometry if you do this, just lightly smooth the parts.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

Links