CZ 75 P-01 - Anyone?

This is a discussion on CZ 75 P-01 - Anyone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked one up on a trade, just wondering who's got one and what you recommend (if anything) I do with it, new recoil spring, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 P-01 - Anyone?

CZ 75 P-01 - Anyone?

Just picked one up on a trade, just wondering who's got one and what you recommend (if anything) I do with it, new recoil spring, etc? It's in great condition and has about 2000 rounds through it I guess.

Gun is very accurate and fun to shoot.

Thanks for any insight.

CZ 75 P-01 by Christopher Nauman, on Flickr

2. Remove Ads

I don't own one but my dad does. It's the pistol I learned to shoot on. Personally, I think they are just fine out of the box with no tweaking.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Thanks Rollo.

Wasn't really looking to tweak it, but I'd imagine it 'needs' a new recoil spring at the very least - just wondering what else may need replacing/maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Thanks Rollo.

Wasn't really looking to tweak it, but I'd imagine it 'needs' a new recoil spring at the very least - just wondering what else may need replacing/maintenance.
    If it only has 2k rounds down the pipe I doubt you need a new recoil spring.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    I'd agree with Rollo. It probably doesn't need it, but I would do it anyway.

Springs are cheap and then you would KNOW where you are with it. Othe than that, it is just nicely "broken-in".
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I know nothing about that particular gun but do know a little bit about recoil springs (disclaimer). I usually change my recoil springs every 1500 -2500 rounds, depending upon the particular gun. Overkill? Perhaps. I hate being at the range and have a gun misbehave for a $5 spring. Worse, have it fail if I should ever actually need to use it for real. I'm kind of a preventative maintenance nut and am a firm believer in an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Taking it one step further, I field strip my guns each and every time they are fired, whether it be one round or 500 rounds. I detail strip them every 1500 - 2500 rounds (again, depending upon the gun) and change the recoil and firing pin springs at that time.
    45Gunner
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Gold Seal CFI
    1st Air Cav Vietnam Veteran

Thanks guys!

Was just adding to my cart and noticed shipping will be $12 no matter what I add so I may as well make it worth it. :)

VIP Member
    You've got yourself a great gun. I own both the P-01 as well as the P-06 (.40 version). At 2000 rounds there is no need to replace the recoil spring or anything else on it. I've put probably 2 or 3 times that many rounds through mine without a hiccup from it. CZ has been in the gun market for nearly 75 years, but until the fall of the iron curtain they were almost unknown to the western world. The CZ75 was one of the most widely used guns in the eastern block for military and police. The P-01 is based on the CZ75 with upgrades to satisfy Czech military requirements for a new service pistol. The P-01 has been accepted by NATO and has been issued a NATO Stock Number (NSN). Here is a link to the testing the P-01 went through to receive the NATO certification.

CZ-USA -> CZ P-01 gets NATO approval. The next Generation of perfect pistols
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I recently sold my p01 to fund a 1911. And while I love my commander, I miss the hell out of my p01. Most accurate gun I ever had. I enjoyed slim VZ grips on mine because it was my EDC. Short of that, she is fine the way she is.

Senior Moderator
    Excellent piece.

You done good!
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Most accurate gun I have ever shot (that I could afford). I am going to get a Crimson Trace lasergrip for it to pair with my TLR1

Wow, this is great to hear guys - thanks for taking the time to comment with your experience/thoughts, very much appreciated! I guess there's a reason I like this gun and shoot better with it than any other gun I've fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Wow, this is great to hear guys - thanks for taking the time to comment with your experience/thoughts, very much appreciated! I guess there's a reason I like this gun and shoot better with it than any other gun I've fired.
    Yep, it'll shoot better than you can imagine. Also, if you need a good holster the Don Hume 721OT made for the Glock 21 fits it nicely.

Thanks, I'll check it out - I also noticed Garrett makes the Silent Thunder for it :)

That article says 2003, but I 'assume' all P01's are NATO certified? The previous owner thought this one was from 2002...

I don't own one but have shot a friend's P01 several times. (I own the RAMI). The overall feel is excellent. The double action trigger can be gritty initially. That should not be an issue in your case, given the round count through your pistol. By the way, I put two drops of Militec on the trigger mechanism and dry fired the RAMI with snap caps to make it smoother. Comparing the RAMI, P01, and the full size CZ75, one can certainly detect the family resemblance (which is wonderful, I love CZ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links