one step closer

This is a discussion on one step closer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i finally did it, i put $100 down on a ruger sp 101 3" in 357. i also bougrt a houge grip to put on ...

Thread: one step closer

one step closer

i finally did it, i put $100 down on a ruger sp 101 3" in 357. i also bougrt a houge grip to put on it and ordered some flitz so i can make her shine real nice, and i also ordered a set of wolf springs. the springs and flitz should be here just in time for me when i pick up the ruger on the 8th of july. all in all the ruger will be $550 alittle high but that seems to be the norm around here in my area of PA. I did call 6 diffrent shops and all were close to the same $. Cant wait to get it,I will have to take some pictures and get them on here to show my new toy off, before and after pictures of the pollishing, hope it works well, the guys at the store said that flitz works great. now i need a new holster and mabe some new front sights.

2. Remove Ads

Good call. The 101 is a fantastic gun. It's heavy enough to comfortably be able to handle full house .357's yet small and light enough to conceal and carry well. If I could only have 1 handgun it would probably be my 101.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

GM
    I am sure you will enjoy it! And do not forget the pic.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

You made a good choice. I have one just like yours. I polished mine up with some Mothers mag wheel polish. It worked real well. Let us know how the Flitz does.

pic by Apexduck via photobucket
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Great choice. I just put a set of Crimson Trace on mine and currently carry it in a holster by Hays Holsters. Give him a shout for a good piece of leather.

Superb choice, the gun is a tank. I love mine.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I'd highly recommend an XS Big Dot front sight in their Standard size. I installed a Mepro Light night sight but after I put an XS standard dot sit on a 640-1 I couldn't belive how much better the XS is. The Mepro light seems cheep and poorly made. The XS has a very bright white ring around the night sight that makes the best day time front sight I've seen, plus it has a great night sight in the middle and it just looks a 1000 times better thant the standard mepro light or tijicon sights.

It's so good I'll be replacing the "new" sight on my SP101 with the XS. Such a waste but worth it at the end of the day. I have the same gun and love mine. I did the springs, polished with Mothers Mag polish and then I added dark ebony wood inserts to replace the cheese plastic ones.

I'd rather have a bead blast finish (someday) but love it as it is now.

Enjoy
    Gideon

I too have a Mepro on mine and like you said, it feels poorly made. Did you do the XS sight yourself? I dont see one for the SP101 on their website.

Links