Ruger SR40c

Ruger SR40c

This is a discussion on Ruger SR40c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got this in my email in case people were interested. Got rid of all my .40 S&W stuff as I dont like the round ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR40c

Ruger SR40c

Just got this in my email in case people were interested. Got rid of all my .40 S&W stuff as I dont like the round but I know many do. I LOVE my SR9c so id think the .40 if your into that caliber would be just as nice.

Ruger® SR40c™ Centerfire Pistol Models

We also got the email (have we bought too many Rugers ??) Anyways, after handling the SR9c, the 40 looks interesting! I have a Kahr PM40 and would really
    like to see/shoot the Ruger.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

I don't care much for the .40 round, but I love my SR9c so much I admit I want to try the SR40c.

I'm not a big fan of the 40 S&W but this SR40c looks interesting. If it works as flawlessly and accurately as my SR9c it should be a great gun.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Ive been debating geting a LC9 to go with the SR9c lol...SR9c for Fall-Spring and LC9 for summer lol.

Ruger seems to be on fire with new models lately. Nice to see that from an American manufacturer.

Now, if they could only fix the LC9 by making it a true pocket gun - needs to be a wee bit smaller (like a PM9), and needs to lose the mag disconnect and thumb safety. C'mon Ruger - get it right!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Now, if they could only fix the LC9 by making it a true pocket gun - needs to be a wee bit smaller (like a PM9), and needs to lose the mag disconnect and thumb safety. C'mon Ruger - get it right!
    - The LCP was inexpensive, small and simple to use. For that reason, it sold like hotcakes. Common sense would dictate that Ruger simply make a carbon copy of the LCP in 9mm. Instead, we have the LC9.

I have a Ruger SR9c and a SR40. I certainly like both pistols for different reasons, both have performed flawlessly since purchase. My sense is that the SR40c would be similar to the SR9c with the reported snappier recoil of the 40S&W round. If I weren't on the hunt for a Ruger SR1911, I would consider acquiring a SR40c. Ruger has been releasing quite a few different models of firearms recently. The SR9c and SR40 were home runs IMHO.

YMMV,

boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Another one here that is sure wanting to get a SR40c in my hands!!!
    I have the SR 40, 9c and LC9 (along with a SIG P239) but I do still want one!!!! The 9c is my favorite, so the 40c sure would be too.
    I LOVE that Ruger has the Safety's on their guns. I wished they (Ruger) made the LCP with a manual thumb safety too!

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

I Just picked up my sr40c in stainless about a month ago and love the fit and finish of the gun. It is my favorite one out of my collection and is my carry weapon 24/7 365. I have no complaints about it and have had no malfunctions with the 250 rounds i have put through it. The gun has a realy comfortable recoil for a 40 and is controlable for its size. It is my first Ruger and wont be my last. I would recomend the sr40c to anyone and if you like the 9c you are bound to love this one. I have replaced my taurus pt 140 pro with the sr40c and look forward to trading the pt 140 for a lcp 380 for a backup.

Ruger has nailed this one dead on the spot

I shot my buddy's SR40 the same day I was shooting my Gen 3 Glock 23. The SR40 actually soaked up the recoil a little better than the 23. They were both shot with the same loads. I'm not a fan of a safety and I really don't have a need for another .40 S&W. But it is definitely a nice little shooter.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Just bought the SR40C a couple weeks ago along with an S/A XD9 SC. Haven' had the time to get to the range yet, hoping to take my daughter this Saturday along with her new Taurus PT709 slim. Can't wait to get there!!
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

I also have and carry the SR9C outstanding weapon and value, I see no reason the 40 would not be the same.

I got my SR40C on the 5th of April and finally had a chance to go to the range. Well my first 9 shots went great! Very smooth trigger, and was right on. Swapped mags to the 15 rd mag fired 3 shots then on the 4th trigger pull nothing! Cleared the gun and reset the mag pulled the trigger same thing!! I checked the bullets the primers were not struck. I tried it again with the small 9 rd mag and the gun worked great,fired every time I pulled the trigger. After I finished I brought it back to where I bought the gun from and they are shipping it back to Ruger and they stated that my trigger is not resetting as well.

sr9c & sr40c

I have purchased both the sr9c and the sr40c love them both. sold my smith & wesson 40 it was to bulky the recoil on the ruger is lighter with the double recoil spring had no miss fires with either only have put round 100 rounds through the 40 have round 1000 through the 9 would not trade them for anything else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links