Diamond back db-9 mm

This is a discussion on Diamond back db-9 mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any one bought or had a chance to put this one to test . I really like this one for pocket carry Should I wait ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TonyDTrigger

Thread: Diamond back db-9 mm

Diamond back db-9 mm

Any one bought or had a chance to put this one to test .

I really like this one for pocket carry

Should I wait a year or so or get it now

2. Remove Ads

No personal experience, reviews were too disappointing.

Have had a brand new one, first time out it was bang, click, click, click, bang, cuss. Next time same results, multiple different ammunition and mags. One or two good shots then either jam, fail to extract, or light strike. It now is back in DB's hands.

I was not overly impressed with the feel and darn sure would NEVER consider it a self defense gun.

Wait a few years.

A guy who works at my local range has gotten one. He let me inspect it and dry fire it. It looks good and is so small it would easily pocket carry. At the time he had about 200 rounds through his with no problems. He offered to let me try it out the next time I go shooting there which should hopefully be tomorrow. If it works well, I will eventually get one.

But, I spent some time on the Diamondback forum and even the companie's sales rep admits that they're having problems right now. A few key elements in the gun are being looked at to be modified.

I wouldn't buy one for at least 6 or more months if not longer. But it is incredibly small and if it is manageable to shoot I'd love to add it to my carry repetoire.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I too am looking at the DB9. My opinion is that a lot of these small guns such as the Diamondback DB9, Keltec PF9, etc. are very prone to problems which are caused by limp wristing. I would suggest renting one or similar if you are not used to or have shot a small gun like this. I hope this helps. God Bless

DO NOT BUY A NEW GUN MODEL FROM ANY MAKER THE FIRST YEAR IT COMES OUT.

I've made this mistake not once...not twice...but three times.

A smart man learns from his own mistakes; a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. Be wise.

I considered the DB9, but it does not lock the slide open when empty, and is not rated for extensive use of +P ammo. I'd recommend a Kahr CM9 or PM9 instead...though Kahrs have their own quirks.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Their .380 had a lot of problems according to postings in this forum and others. With so many very reliable guns around why buy one that might or might not work.
    jwhite75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    Their .380 had a lot of problems according to postings in this forum and others. With so many very reliable guns around why buy one that might or might not work.
    Very true I will most likey give them some time .

Iam one that does my home work before buying any thing

I bought my Kel -Tech do to the ruger being on back order for over a year.

I like the looks fit and finish of the ruger better than the tech.

But bought the tec being the proven and have had it now for close to two years ( apox 800 rounds one fte)

My point almost all brands have bugs when new the ruger did too

I too wanted a single stack nine and chose the Kel Tec PF9. It fits in my pocket and gives me the power that I want. It is American made and their CS is superb. For under $300.00 you cannot go wrong with the PF9.

HIGHLY recommend the PF9 instead. 600 rds and 2 malfs...and that was because I didn't know they advise against aluminum cased ammo. Eats my Ranger SXT 147grains like I eat a 16oz ribeye (quickly and completely lol). Pocket carry on it will depend on your clothes, however...but it always does. My Pf9 *disappears* into 80% of my pants, jeans and shorts and can even go cargo-pocket (which I've found to be great for sitting/driving). YMMV, so do your due diligence, test everything you possibly can and go with what's right for YOU. Best of luck in purchasing and in not needing your next firearm!

LOL...just noticed your location...I'm just north of you. PM me if I can be of any help!

Quote Originally Posted by chefjon View Post
    HIGHLY recommend the PF9 instead. 600 rds and 2 malfs...and that was because I didn't know they advise against aluminum cased ammo. Eats my Ranger SXT 147grains like I eat a 16oz ribeye (quickly and completely lol). Pocket carry on it will depend on your clothes, however...but it always does. My Pf9 *disappears* into 80% of my pants, jeans and shorts and can even go cargo-pocket (which I've found to be great for sitting/driving). YMMV, so do your due diligence, test everything you possibly can and go with what's right for YOU. Best of luck in purchasing and in not needing your next firearm!

LOL...just noticed your location...I'm just north of you. PM me if I can be of any help!
    Thanks I have had my PF9 for about a year ( not a lot of rounds maybe 500)

This diamond back is much smaller .

I have not ever carryied the PF9.

Due to I pocket carry daily and have smaller stuff .380 .32 and sunbie 38

PM SENT

Waiting or GLOCK to jump on this bandwagon, even then may wait some time to get one of those. I may have to look into a Kel-tec pocket 9.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Nothing wrong with the PF9, but if I carried mine in the summer, I'd be fighting rust on a daily basis due to the humidity.

I've found the PM9 to be my preferred single-stack 9, and it's slightly smaller than the PF9.

Links