New Carry Gun?

This is a discussion on New Carry Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I found my new carry piece: I found a Taurus Millennium PT145 PRO Saturday at a gun show. It is the new style ...

Thread: New Carry Gun?

New Carry Gun?

I think I found my new carry piece:

I found a Taurus Millennium PT145 PRO Saturday at a gun show.
    It is the new style with the 2-dot sights and SA/DA trigger(?)
    It came home with me!
    Took it to an indoor range Saturday afternoon to try it out, but only had a limited amount of time due to a CCW class using the range.
    I shot 100 rds. Blazer 230gr. and 10rds. GoldDot 200gr.
    It shot to point of aim once I figured out how to use the Heinne 2-dot sights and the recoil was no problem for such a small gun. So far I really think this could be the one to replace my Kel Tec P11 as my daily carry piece. Time and more rounds downrange will tell.

2. Remove Ads

congrats on the new .45 !
    Welcome to the forum papachuck !

Congrats...if you get a chance post some pics so we can drool. Good luck with it!
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Congrats

I carried one for awhile. Alot of folks bad mouth Taurus,

But mine never let me down, not once. 100% reliable.

And I was impressed by how much the .45s recoil was tamed with such

a small gun. The only thing that turned me off was that loooong

crappy trigger. Besides that great gun

Got a new carry piece also. I put it as my avatar. I've only put 50 rounds though it so far but it's been sweet so far

Congrats on the new carry gun

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Congrats , and dont worry about the Taurus name , heck they are just the " poor mans " " ** fill in the brand name here **" LOL I am shure it will serve you well .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Congrats , and dont worry about the Taurus name , heck they are just the " poor mans " " ** fill in the brand name here **" LOL I am shure it will serve you well .
    Yeah, I love the 945, it has the optional ported barrel and I put night sights on it so it's one of the house pieces. It just gets to be a little big for carry in some places and it's hot here right now.. I bought the 4006 back in 94 and used that for carry for years, but that thing is heavy. Love the way it shoots, though.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I like all the ones that I have made by Taurus. Never had any problems at all.

I've got one of the Mil Pro PT-145s also. Mine is a little older and is the DAO version. I prefer the trigger on the DAO version to the DA/SA trigger of the newer models, but as long as you are happy with the trigger that is all that matters. The PT-145 is a very concealable size and still holds 11 rounds of .45, what more could you want. My only gripe is that mine has a tendancy to shoot low but I have been able to correct my hold for that.

Lead Moderator
    Hope it work good for you. My PT140 did not but it was an early non pro version too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by PAPACHUCK

I think I found my new carry piece:

I found a Taurus Millennium PT145 PRO Saturday at a gun show.
    It is the new style with the 2-dot sights and SA/DA trigger(?)
    It came home with me!
    Took it to an indoor range Saturday afternoon to try it out, but only had a limited amount of time due to a CCW class using the range.
    I shot 100 rds. Blazer 230gr. and 10rds. GoldDot 200gr.
    It shot to point of aim once I figured out how to use the Heinne 2-dot sights and the recoil was no problem for such a small gun. So far I really think this could be the one to replace my Kel Tec P11 as my daily carry piece. Time and more rounds downrange will tell.
    papachuck,
    Reading this post is scary because of just how much it parallels my experience, 2 years ago, when I got my PT-145 Millennium Pro, at a gunshow as well. It too replaced my Kel-Tec P-11 as my BUG/part time primary carry weapon. I am around the 4000 round range with mine and it shoots better than when new. The trigger has become buttery smooth and accuracy is better. Now all this is probably because I have been shooting it so much it made my trigger finger muscles stronger and my ability to hold it on target better has made the accuracy increase. All I know is that it is one ammo burning machine. I do not take it to the range with less than 200 rounds. My choice of carry load is the Federal 230gr. HydraShok. They are accurate and have yet to cause any malfunctions. My only regret is not getting the one with the stainless slide. I have about worn off the blue on mine from pocket carry.

This is a target shot freehand at 15 yards with two full clips.
    Last edited by tex45acp; August 2nd, 2006 at 01:43 PM.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Links