Disgusted by article, happy about comments - Page 2

Disgusted by article, happy about comments

This is a discussion on Disgusted by article, happy about comments within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bane311 Although some of those girls looked very young, and maybe having them pose with assault looking weapons might be a little ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Disgusted by article, happy about comments

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane311 View Post
    Although some of those girls looked very young, and maybe having them pose with assault looking weapons might be a little tacky I still see nothing wrong with it...
    Boy or girl, depending on the age it would not be good if someone got mad at you and had access to these pics to send to the "Child Protective Services" of your state.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    little girls are so much better served when dressed up as tiny adults in tight sexy clothing and painted like little whores and paraded around for the pleasure of their (sic) mommies at beauty pageants. absolutely, we must teach them whats important–important though your eyes of course– and not to become personally responsible citizens. and for those wondering what my point is—it is to you especially i speak.

so i did what i seldom do--talk back to the dummies....sue me.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Congrats to y'all's "new addition," Ianator.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaddaBoom View Post
    Having a girl or a woman learn about shooting is amazing in enhancing their self confidence. Think about it....they're told by the world that they can't do this or do that and here you come along and teach them how to handle what is quite possibly the ultimate "Equalizer". Provide a female with a tool to protect themselves and their confidence increases exponentially. Self Enrichment indeed.

Kids in general are little sponges, absorbing whatever information comes their way. So it's almost natural to watch a youngster take to shooting as well as they do (natural, but eye-opening). Now add to that the shooter being a girl and it rattles the preconceived notions that a lot of people have when it comes to girls and guns. It's been my experience though that a woman who is proficient with weapons is just as good of a shot as a man.

My daughters, my wife, and the mother-in-law (I still ponder the wisdom of teaching my mother-in-law how to shoot) all are quite skilled with both handguns and long guns. There isn't a weapon in the house that they can't use.....and I wouldn't want it any other way. If the women in my life CHOOSE to not own a gun then it will be for their own reasons, not because they were told "they can't".
    ^ +1.

My Anna-bird is now 5 and 1/2, and I've always tried to teach her that she should live life according to her own choices.

As a father, I feel obligated to give her the choice to be able to use firearms in her self-defense: not because she's a girl, but because as a female, there will be those instances where her mass and force just cannot overcome that of her oppositions'. Men and women are built differently, there's no way around that biologic fact. As an equalizer, there's perhaps nothing more effective than firearms, properly employed.

But I'd feel the same way if I had a boy, too. And "the equalizer" isn't just for women: it's for any force disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    She might even look like this self-professed "girly girl" (in a Pat Rogers carbine course) at age 19!Attachment 51516
    ^ That. Is. Awesome.

As I've posted in other threads and other communities, I started my daughter off on gun-safety very early on in her life. I allowed her own interest to drive her questioning, and gave her age-appropriate rules and lessons.

Just two weeks ago, out of the blue, she asked if she could try to shoot one of my airsoft replicas: a Walther PPK/S replica that she'd taken a very specific liking to.

I'm hoping for a new range-buddy, a few more years down the line.

True, This might be in the wrong place. I was on my new phone on Tapatalk and it was freaking out a little and I couldn't get the rest to load. I thought This was close to correct. Move if necessary. :)

>> "About the Author"

Author? That was just a 9 sentence Rant with a bunch of photos.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

I wonder. Maybe the author was really a gun guy like us, and just wanted to wake everybody up? If so, he sure did. Yeah, I know. Probably not....

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Engrish is not my frist language. I hop that nun of them girl shootz they eye out!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

My daughter had no interest in guns, and never ever saw any need nor desire to shoot. I tried, but her mother...... However, I did teach her some martial arts. She was especially great at high kicks to the head. My granddaughter however, shoots great and has also learned some martial arts on top of that (which the boys hate).

When she & her coworkers left work late at night (1-2 a.m.) and walked to their cars, they always went as a group to their cars. That night, she got out later than the others and was walking it alone. Typically she would call me, and talk ... but not that night. She didn't call, she didn't call, and I got up and was getting dressed.... because she was not answering my calls.

I was just about out the door, when I received a call from her. She only said " I'll let the Police officer explain everything to you" ... and then this Police Officer is on there... "Sir, .... "... and there is a lot of yelling in the background.

This LEO begins by asking me.... "Sir, did you teach your daughter some martial arts or how to defend herself ? "
    Me : "yes, I did.... WHY ? "
    He begins telling me, that a man with a long rap sheet for rape came up behind my daughter and grabbed her as she got to her car. He is about 6'1" tall vs her 5'2" thin frame. (Screaming in background continuing). He said, well..... your daughter did a real number on this guy and beat him up pretty well, when we arrived... he was on the ground and she was standing over him....... and he was covered with blood ... don't worry , it's all HIS blood".

He begins "laughing" and saying , the biggest problem was getting him off the ground... he kept refusing to get up until we made her keep further away from him, because he was afraid she would attack him again. Laughing hard, he says, that's him in the background you've been hearing.... he keeps shouting "keep her away from me". We're going to take him to the hospital, it seems he has several missing teeth, a possible broken nose, and other injuries.... as he said when he was down she kept kicking him hard into the chest as well ". So.... "your daughter is safe and did a wonderful job of protecting herself".

Jump ahead, she has now also worked in the medical unit of a jail ... dealing with a couple of serial murderers as well ..... and she wants to start carrying and learn to shoot. She now understands, dealing with several inmates, why a gun is a needed tool.
    TSiWRX likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I hope one day all of our little kids can go to the range together...
    TSiWRX likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Eagleks,

This is truly amazing. While this forum focuses on firearms (mostly) it is great that one of the things we as parents teach our kids is self reliance, whether that be with a firearm or not. You have obviously done a great job raising your daughter. As a teacher I see so often the damage parents do their kids and it is always nice to see the counterpoint. Kepp up the good work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links