Disgusted by article, happy about comments

This is a discussion on Disgusted by article, happy about comments within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In lieu of my wife and I recently having aveautiful baby girl, my dad sent me this say goodbye this would probably be my daughter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Disgusted by article, happy about comments

Disgusted by article, happy about comments

In lieu of my wife and I recently having aveautiful baby girl, my dad sent me this say goodbye this would probably be my daughter in a few years. Funny and true!

The guy who put this together obviously is not pro gun. But check out the comments! Woohoo America!

http://egotvonline.com/2010/12/24/li...is-disturbing/

Posted via Tapatalk for the HTC Evo.

2. Remove Ads

I have no doubt that will be my daughter in a few years. Congrats on the baby girl, my baby girl is about to turn 4, she will melt your heart every day. About to have a baby boy in about a month. oh boy..

I saw nothing wrong! Not only was the person not pro-gun they were probably a little sexist to boot. I have little boys but just as sure as I'm gonna teach them to shoot, if I had a little girl i would teach her too!

Congrats on the new family addition!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Whoever wrote that article, as one comment said, is probably not American. It might be foreign. If from the USA maybe from from Taxachusetts or that general area.

My daughter started taking gun safety and shooting classes when she was 10. She was a natural too.

She might even look like this self-professed "girly girl" (in a Pat Rogers carbine course) at age 19!Girly-girl on the range.jpg
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    That's the future of my granddaughters! (and grandsons). I've started collecting 22LR rifles (some new, some old) for them to ensure they will each have at least one.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

My daughter was shooting a 22 when she was around 10,she now has a M&P 9c and a Sig Mosquito.Maybe she will get an AR15 for Christmas
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'll be showing my daughter how to shoot and maintain whatever guns I deem appropriate (various .22lr rifles/pistols when I believe she is responsible enough and the family 9mms/7.62x39s/etc. when she hits high school) but not so sure I care to have her posing with some of my (admittedly) more "assault looking" guns until she is an adult. It just doesn't feel right for me as a parent. Those other people that did...they made their own choices and that's fine.

Anyways, this thread is probably in the wrong part of this forum.

The writer is probably a sexist elitist leftist liberal from the Peoples Republic Of Illinois, the state run by Chicago crooked politicians--with one ex-governor already in jail and another, hopefully, on his way there!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    The funniest comment was "Man you need to get a life. Both of my daughters ages 6&10 hunt and shoot. And I pity the first guy to lay a hand on them in a way they don't like. Not only can they hit what they aim at they can field dress them afterwards."
    PSLOwner and Stubborn like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Although some of those girls looked very young, and maybe having them pose with assault looking weapons might be a little tacky I still see nothing wrong with it. My ex wife had been handling firearms from a very young age and all that did was teach her how to be responsible with them. Accidents happen when children arent taught to treat firearms with respect and safety, boy or girl.

And I have heard news stories before where young children who were taught to shoot at a reasonable age have saved their parents lives by shooting an intruder!

The writer sounds like he was upset that the girls were not inside learning to cook and clean.

And I loved the comment "rapists love gun control".

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Man...they ate him up!!! Good!
    If EVERYTIME an anti-gunner opened his mouth or unleashed his pen, he ran into a barrage like that, opinions and viewpoints might change.
    Just my $.02
    Eagleks likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My daughter is six months old and i hope she enjoys the outdoors shooting hunting and fishing as much as i do so then i will always have someone to go with and it is a good way to get the wife talked into new guns and equipment

Having a girl or a woman learn about shooting is amazing in enhancing their self confidence. Think about it....they're told by the world that they can't do this or do that and here you come along and teach them how to handle what is quite possibly the ultimate "Equalizer". Provide a female with a tool to protect themselves and their confidence increases exponentially. Self Enrichment indeed.

Kids in general are little sponges, absorbing whatever information comes their way. So it's almost natural to watch a youngster take to shooting as well as they do (natural, but eye-opening). Now add to that the shooter being a girl and it rattles the preconceived notions that a lot of people have when it comes to girls and guns. It's been my experience though that a woman who is proficient with weapons is just as good of a shot as a man.

My daughters, my wife, and the mother-in-law (I still ponder the wisdom of teaching my mother-in-law how to shoot) all are quite skilled with both handguns and long guns. There isn't a weapon in the house that they can't use.....and I wouldn't want it any other way. If the women in my life CHOOSE to not own a gun then it will be for their own reasons, not because they were told "they can't".
    TSiWRX likes this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links