Finally got my PM40 back from Kahr!

This is a discussion on Finally got my PM40 back from Kahr! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Kahr PM40 about a month and a half ago. I put 100rounds through it and nearly ever mag the slide would lock ...

Thread: Finally got my PM40 back from Kahr!

I bought a Kahr PM40 about a month and a half ago. I put 100rounds through it and nearly ever mag the slide would lock back. I made sure it wasn't my grip. One of the employees of the gun store even put two mags through it. He said it locked back on him twice. So they said the'd send it back to Kahr and it would be back in 1 week.

Well a month goes buy and I call Kahr with the serial #. They say they never got the gun. I made a few more calls over the next two days and finally got it tracked down. Now a month and a week later its back in my hands. Kahr changed the slide stop, recoil spring, guide rod assembly, and two new mags. I put 100 rounds though it today and it was 100%. No malfunctions what so ever. I'll put 150 more rounds of fmj through it and if its still 100% I'll keep it.

Hopefully it will stay 100% because this little gun packs a lot of firepower into a very small package. It's not the most accurate gun I own but it will do the job. I can't expect too much from a DAO 3" 40 cal. Only downside of this gun is that extended range time can leave you a little sore. But I find the PM40 much more controllable and pleasant than the Airweight S&W 38 I rented.

JD
    Administrator
    Congrats, I had one for a while but traded it for a new little .17HMR Package. It's a neat little gun, I thought the recoil would be worse than it really is, jsut get a decent pair of gloves for extended shooting.

Recoil is stout but I bet nearly every gun in this size thats not a .22 will have equal or greater recoil. kahr just needs to start making them in .357 SIG. That would have some punch.

Assistant Administrator
    Just glad it is back with you! And seemingly (fingers crossed) with some effective work having been done.

Sounds good so far.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'll put another 100 rounds through it next Monday.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Great , Hope its dialed inn now and works well for you .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I was out with my oldest at his farm shooting up some old targets. My son carries a G 23-c fulltime, and I love my Kahr K40. We had just wrapped up about 150 rounds each of 165 grain FMJ when his 23 started to fail to fully seat into battery. His Glock probably has about 6,000 or better rounds through her, so, the idea of finally having to replace the spring seems about right to me. I suspect that when I get to 6k, (not too far away) I'll probably have to spring for a spring too. I assume this is fairly common regardless of what hand gun you have, true?? Anyone else had to re-spring?
    God Bless the USA

Yep I bet my little PM40 will need a new spring before 6k rounds. But to my knowledge it had less than 200 rounsd through it before it was sent back to the factory.

Sponsored Links