G19 - XS big dot VS triicon 3 dot - Page 2

G19 - XS big dot VS triicon 3 dot

This is a discussion on G19 - XS big dot VS triicon 3 dot within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; XS front, Trijicon rear The small tritium insert in the XS is the same size as the two rear dots, for alignment in the dark. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: G19 - XS big dot VS triicon 3 dot

VIP Member
    XS front, Trijicon rear

The small tritium insert in the XS is the same size as the two rear dots, for alignment in the dark. The oversized front is faster in daylight. Some will say the rear dots are a waste of money.
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    The XS pict didn't come through. Here is a side view.
    Attached Images

I have XS Big Dots on both my G26 and G19...As others have said, they are not necessarily meant for pin point match accuracy, but more for quick target acquisition in self defense situations. I love mine! If all I am sacrificing is a getting a 3 inch group instead of a 1 inch group, then give me the 3 inch grouping and an extra bit of time to put an extra round on target. Of course, the XS Big Dots are very user friendly to my "old" eyes! JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Been thinking about XS big dot for my EDC. However, after reading the posts, wondering about XS standard dot for a bit more accuracy.

I have had trijicons and like them. But, I do feel the "i" would be quicker. Sometimes differentiating the front and rear of the three dots in low light takes just a bit longer. I thought different color front and back would help. But, I haven't heard great things about them (eg, different color Meps).

Sent from my Samsung Android phone via Tapatalk

Again, why not the Ameriglo I-Dot Pro?

223343_1685327501357_1482744116_31316601_6749279_n.jpg
    Philly Boy and snakyjake like this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

That looks pretty good too. Thanks for the pic.

Sent from my Samsung Android phone via Tapatalk

Sights and guns are really about playing the odds. There's no gun/sight combo that will do it all well. There's always a trade off. The odds are, you're going to use your handgun within 10 yards or less. So choose what's fastest and reasonably accurate enough to get quick hits on target. For me and for a lot of people, it's the XS Big Dots.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

twc
    I have never shot a gun with xs big dot sights but I have heard from a few people that they are pretty pointless in that they will hurt accuracy at longer distances, but at shorter distances its more point and shoot without using sights anyways. idk...

I like the XS big dot set up. My eyes aren't what they used to be. They're great for a street gun
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by twc View Post
    I have never shot a gun with xs big dot sights but I have heard from a few people that they are pretty pointless in that they will hurt accuracy at longer distances, but at shorter distances its more point and shoot without using sights anyways. idk...
    Might want to look at this Yeager video:
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8&feature=related
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links