Advice on three .40 S&W options.

This is a discussion on Advice on three .40 S&W options. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not advocating a Gen 4 Glock, I'm not advocating Kahr....I am saying they all have something to offer. I've been carrying a SIG for ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 131
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Advice on three .40 S&W options.

  1. #106
    VIP Member Array SIGguy229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kommie-fornia-stan
    Posts
    7,045
    I'm not advocating a Gen 4 Glock, I'm not advocating Kahr....I am saying they all have something to offer. I've been carrying a SIG for almost 20 years...but IMO, the jury is still out on the 250, with it being a relatively new gun/platform for SIG and the .40 S&W round.

    Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV
    That's fine, go with whoever you want to.
    My debate isn't with you...it's providing the OP (and whoever else reads this) information on his (their) choice for a .40 platform....and you're getting all pouty because someone disagrees with you.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

    martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #107
    Ex Member Array G19inLV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    I'm not advocating a Gen 4 Glock, I'm not advocating Kahr....I am saying they all have something to offer. I've been carrying a SIG for almost 20 years...but IMO, the jury is still out on the 250, with it being a relatively new gun/platform for SIG and the .40 S&W round.
    Well, you are advocating brands..brands that have had trouble of their own. The jury is not still out, people who actually have one, like them. Only issue people have is the trigger. Reliability is there. But I don't care enough to continue this argument. The OP will figure out what he wants.



    My debate isn't with you...it's providing the OP (and whoever else reads this) information on his (their) choice for a .40 platform....and you're getting all pouty because someone disagrees with you.
    Well good, because I didn't say that to you.

  4. #108
    Senior Member Array Texag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    That's fine, go with whoever you want to.

    Forget the fact that the FAMS got pissed the first time around when Sig slipped up and told the world what the FAMS carry when they switched the P250 in the first place. I guess Todd Green, whoever that is, didn't get it the first time, and opened his big mouth again. The fact that you mentioned somebody that "worked at Sig" as your source, tells me how much credibility that is worth. I don't think Sig would make the same mistake twice. Good try though.
    That you neither know who Todd Green is and think he lacks credibility tells me all I need to know.

    ETA: He has a site where he reports on endurance tests of various pistols, among other things, and is one of the most respected and in demand pistol instructors in the country. Thought you could use a little hint.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

  5. #109
    Ex Member Array G19inLV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    That you neither know who Todd Green is and think he lacks credibility tells me all I need to know.

    ETA: He has a site where he reports on endurance tests of various pistols, among other things, and is one of the most respected and in demand pistol instructors in the country. Thought you could use a little hint.
    Awesome, he's wrong about at least one thing. Anyone affiliated with Sig will NOT ever again reveal things they are not supposed to. But you go with your blogger. Like I said, I don't really care.

    Is this the same "Todd Green" who also said that Sig will intro a striker fired P250 back in '09? What happened with that?

  6. #110
    Senior Member Array Texag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    508
    I guess the FAMs that attend his classes and communicate with him on a regular basis are lying to him. The other people who chimed in here are all lying about the p250 being dropped too. That's definitely the case.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

  7. #111
    Ex Member Array G19inLV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    I guess the FAMs that attend his classes and communicate with him on a regular basis are lying to him. The other people who chimed in here are all lying about the p250 being dropped too. That's definitely the case.
    1. I highly doubt any FAMs have taken his classes.
    2. Besides you, I haven't seen anyone else mention anything about this issue.
    3. I never said they didn't drop it.
    4. You are reading a blog on the Internet, and taking what he says as gospel. Forget the fact that I can't find a single thing with this guy saying what you claim he said. Got a source?
    5. I know for 100% fact I am right. You are trusting the Internet, and what someone you don't know tells you. And arguing with someone else you don't know about it.
    6. He already made one claim (as a supposed insider) that never happened. So yes, credibility is lacking.

  8. #112
    Senior Member Array Texag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    508
    I have several friends who have taken his classes and communicate with him on a regular basis. I already linked to where he stated the FAMS no longer use the 250, and others back up his claim. I'm going to trust him over you, simple as that.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

  9. #113
    Member
    Array Pointblank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Metro Cleveland
    Posts
    143
    Of those three I recommend the Glock and get the Gen4 configuration.
    The dual recoil spring makes a big difference. Mine has been flawless.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

  10. #114
    Ex Member Array G19inLV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    I have several friends who have taken his classes and communicate with him on a regular basis. I already linked to where he stated the FAMS no longer use the 250, and others back up his claim. I'm going to trust him over you, simple as that.
    So it went from FAMs taking his classes, to your friends taking his classes? Like i said, I don't care what you believe, I know better. You might as well tell me my hair is orange because you know because some guy on the net told you so. But you never linked to anything that said the FAMS dropped the 250, and no one but you mentioned that they did.

    Also, on budsgunshop, you can get the .40 P250 with a used .357 Sig barrel. The barrel was used by "a federal agency during t&e". If the P250 was never issued to the FAMS, as you said, what federal agency used the barrel? And the link to buds is already on here.

  11. #115
    Senior Member Array Texag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    508
    Your ability to comprehend what I write is lacking. How do some of my friends taking his classes negate any of my earlier statements? I simply said that in response to your assertion that he was a complete unknown to me. People that I know personally and trust have trained with him and are friends with him, thus I respect their opinion and his.

    The thread I link to contains his statement that the FAMS no longer use the 250. I did misspeak in my first post on this thread. They were issued to some Air Marshals, but that is no longer the case due to the 250s failure to function properly. I apologize for the mistake.
    I collect ammo, not guns.

  12. #116
    VIP Member Array SIGguy229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kommie-fornia-stan
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by G19inLV View Post
    Like i said, I don't care what you believe, I know better
    Yeah...that kind of attitude is really working for you here.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

    martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

  13. #117
    Ex Member Array G19inLV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    Your ability to comprehend what I write is lacking. How do some of my friends taking his classes negate any of my earlier statements? I simply said that in response to your assertion that he was a complete unknown to me. People that I know personally and trust have trained with him and are friends with him, thus I respect their opinion and his.

    The thread I link to contains his statement that the FAMS no longer use the 250. I did misspeak in my first post on this thread. They were issued to some Air Marshals, but that is no longer the case due to the 250s failure to function properly. I apologize for the mistake.
    I went through the posts, and you never linked to anything. You just through out a name as to try and contradict me. You only mentioned some guy who is in with Sig said they dropped them. I said his credibility is lacking because the same guy also said that the P250 would be released as a striker fired weapon, back in 09, and that never happened. You than said he has credibility because FAMs take his classes, which I doubted. And in your next post you said your friends take his classes, as if somehow his credibility or yours is heightened. I know for a FACT what you're saying is not true, so I can care less what your friends who took some class with a guy said. You are betting it all on what some one told you, I know first hand. Again, I can care less what you or anyone says, you are not speaking facts here.

  14. #118
    Ex Member Array G19inLV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Yeah...that kind of attitude is really working for you here.
    Am I trying to win a prize? Got a guy here who is arguing with me when all he has is hearsay. Next thing he'll tell me he heard from a friend who took this class with this guy who has a blog, that Barack Obama is not POTUS. Gees, some people. Do you know how frustrating it is debating someone who is completely wrong, and you know it for a fact, and all he has is "friends" who heard something from some guys class? If the topic of what firearm the FAMS carry is part of his curriculum, that class must suck.

  15. #119
    New Member Array CCWalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1
    I have and carry a S&W M&P 40c very comfortable in my iwb as well as at the range. IMHO M&P line r a great group of weapons. Keep in mind you must have a nice belt and holster to carry everyday.

  16. #120
    Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    1,902
    heard it said that a zealot is someone who will not acknowledge facts which are contrary to their view.
    thus , they will not change their mind nor will they change the subject.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ayoob 40 s&w
,
fnx 40 extended mag
,
fnx 40 extended magazine
,

fnx 40 review

,
fnx-40 review
,

massad ayoob 40 s&w

,
massad ayoob m&p
,
s&w sd40 vs m&p 40
,

sd40 vs glock 23

,
sd40 vs m&p 40
,
sig sauer p250 vs glock 23
,
smith and wesson sd40 vs glock 23
Click on a term to search for related topics.