Best upgrade yet for the Glock 23

This is a discussion on Best upgrade yet for the Glock 23 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a carry gun for me so I won't ever alter the action. I want the firing system to be bone stock. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best upgrade yet for the Glock 23

This is a carry gun for me so I won't ever alter the action. I want the firing system to be bone stock. I have only added the below sights, extended slide lock and a plug.

I ALWAYS add night sight to any gun that will be used for home defense or as a CCW gun.

I bought this Glock 23 gen 4 about three months ago and have run almost 1000 rounds of FMJ and 250 rounds of 180 grain Gold Dots. The only issue I had was it was ejecting brass back at my head with WWB ammo. A quick disassembly and cleaning of the extractor and everything was good to go.

I bought these Ameriglo sights from here:

WTS --- Sig and Glock Night Sights and Sig Factory Magazine SALE, Mastershop X6 - Topic

Great seller and super fast shipping!!!!!

I put them on last night and went out and shot 100 rounds through it to make sure they were on. They use the same sight picture as the stock sights (6 o'clock hold). Very bright in low light or no light conditions and that orange dot just jumps out at you during the day. I highly reccomend them for $68 delivered!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks nice! I like you like to keep my GLOCK stock, although I keep thinking about some high visibility sights like XS or TFO's. Man I wish I had a gun store near me so I could see more sights up close.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Well, it certainly looks nice! Are the back sights still stock?

I would think that the orange Ameriglo front sight in combo with regular night sights in the rear would make for easier target aquisition.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Heck yeah, very nice addition...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Very nice! I like the red.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I've got some Trijicon that look similar to that on my G 30. Except for they are all green (front & back). They glow like radiation in the dark. However, the red looks very nice. I may have to consider replacing my front sight now. Lol.

TVJ
    I put a 5.5lb Ghost trigger on mine.

Love it. Smooth as glass
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I've settled on the Ameriglo Operators for all my Glocks (Orange rears, blacked out in light, and a green front with the white outline.) Only other mod is a lone wolf barrel in my g23.

Nice sights! I go all green on mine.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Cool

I like the red/orange front night sight you put on.

I shot a G-30 last week with an painted orange front sight and it was super fast to pick up and better contrast in daylight than the white.

I have the Big Dot the "I" on my G-23 and it picks up well for my old eyes but that red/orange contrast has a lot going for it.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge......
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Those are some great looking sights! I have night sights on my Glocks, as well, but the best "upgrades" for me were the 3.5# trigger connectors! All the difference in the world in making them easy to shoot!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I like the contrast. My sports standard white night sights, but now you have me thinking.....
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That was my G30 Old School shot. Glad he liked it.

Cheapskate that I am, I spent $3.99 on a lifetime supply of DayGlo-Orange model paint instead of "nightsights." I've looked at several different brands of nightsights and haven't found any I prefer over the simple orange paint. The paint clearly stands out better in daylight and against all backgrounds (never seen a BG wearing DayGlo-Orange hoodie) than any nightsights, and in dim light (still light enough to see the "target") the orange still stands out well. If it's too dark to see the sights, it's too dark to see the target, and then it's point and shoot time.

They will require "touch-up" on occasion (no 10-yr warranty implied), but that takes all of 5 minutes to clean with alcohol and a new dab of paint. So some of you might give it a try before investing in nightsights. It's all of $3.99 lost if it doesn't work out for you!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I think night sights are the only real mod that I can think of that is a worthwhile change. Having said that, over the years, I have began to think they are something that may be more luxury than necessity.

I have come to the conclusion for myself that if the sights can't be seen, the target probably can't either. But they are still a very legitimate addition.

Those look good.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I have the same front sight on my G26 and love it. On the rear, I have the plain black Ameriglo .180" wide notch pro version which has radiused inside corners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links