Springfield XDM 5.25

Springfield XDM 5.25

This is a discussion on Springfield XDM 5.25 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all, I own an XDM 45. my brother owns an XDM9 and XDM40. I love all three, I am accurate with all three(within 20 ...

Thread: Springfield XDM 5.25

Springfield XDM 5.25

hello all,
    I own an XDM 45. my brother owns an XDM9 and XDM40. I love all three, I am accurate with all three(within 20 yards) I can put all my friends to shame with all three. now Springfield has the XDM 5.25 9mm. now I've shot a glock 36 which increases my effective range to about 40 yards but I'm not really a fan of the glock feel. the xdm 5.25 appears to have a lot of the same features(slide cutout, barrel flush with slide etc). the xdm also had fiber sites which I think are pretty "cha"and I love the XDM grips. I just have a few questions I was wondering if anyone had the answers to.
    1. it's called "match grade", does that mean a lighter trigger?
    2. how much does it cost?(I know it's new and the price will probably drop after a few months on the market)
    3. if anyone's shot one, how does it compare to a normal xdm as far as comfort, followthrough, accuracy, reliability etc.

I love the XDm's too. Have an old 9mm 4.5'' one myself. I'll take a stab at your questions:

1. Probably not. If they had a lighter trigger, they certainly would have advertised it and I can see no mention of that. This is one of the most common "competition" modifications that folks do to XDm's besides sights. Several good options are available. Here "match grade" is more likely referring to the barrel, although all XDm's have been advertised with match barrels. This is mostly marketing.

2. My guess is about $700.

3. I haven't shot one or even held one, so I have no comment. I will say that it is unlikely to replace my old XDm, especially in a CC or OC role. You may be surprised at the ranges where you are accurate beyond the 20 yards you mentioned. Try shooting gongs or ram silhouettes at 100 yards with your 4.5''.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

my main problem has been finding someone who's shot one

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahunua001 View Post
    my main problem has been finding someone who's shot one
    That's probably because they were only announced a week and a half ago. Have they even hit the shelves yet?

Starting saving now...lol
    Jamie

I'm not looking to pick one up myself, but I saw this thread and thought you guys might be interested in this YouTube - ‪Springfield XDm 5.25‬‏ It is Hickok45 so it is not really an in-depth review, but you get to see some close-ups, shooting, and general impressions.

from a different forum I read, just for the laughs really, they are showing prices over $1000. I think Cabelas was 1300 and bud's was 1100 (best guess been a couple weeks since I visited the other forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    from a different forum I read, just for the laughs really, they are showing prices over $1000. I think Cabelas was 1300 and bud's was 1100 (best guess been a couple weeks since I visited the other forum)
    I saw the same thread...if you go there now the OP apologises because it's the wrong gun

Sponsored Links