327 mag?

327 mag?

This is a discussion on 327 mag? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been thinking of getting one for cc.Who can tell me about them?Good and bad.I don't like a lot of recoil.I've been carrying a 9mm. Thanks. ...

Thread: 327 mag?

327 mag?

Been thinking of getting one for cc.Who can tell me about them?Good and bad.I don't like a lot of recoil.I've been carrying a 9mm. Thanks. sj

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    very pricey--the gun and the round.

the lighter S&W's are a handful, the heavier Ruger, not too bad.

what research have you done so far?
    what is it you expect of this cartrage vs another?

i have shot it though i do not own one.
    32&R dies can be backed out to make the 327. so if you re-load it can be economical.

9mm in revolver or semi?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

My 9mm is a glock19.I don't have a particular reason just thinking about getting one.I also have a taurus 709 as my everyday carry.I also have been thinking about getting a 9mm in revolver.Just got the wants not the needs. sj

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    filling the 'wants' is fun

but unless you re-load the 327 is very costly to feed. Statline is in production but not yet shipping.
    i have just been using a creative crimp on H&R cases for my friends S&W.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I do reload.Shouldn't be much of a problem. sj

I have the SP101 in .327 mag. and only use the .327 rounds for self-defense purposes; otherwise, I shoot the .32 H&R mag. or .32 S&W longs in it. The recoil from the full power rds. is not a lot less than the .357's I have shot. The H&R's are fine and the S&W longs are like a .22 out of the SP101. As far as cost, I keep two boxes of the .327 cartridges, but only shoot them about once per month, so the cost isn't that bad. As I always say about my fellow golfers, if you can't afford to lose some golf balls for each round you play, maybe you shouldn't play! If you can't afford the ammo, don't get the gun(and I am just an average retired guy with NOT a lot of $$$$$, but I can afford the ammo I shoot). Good luck. The SP101 in .327 mag. is a great combination.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have Taurus 65 in 327 Fed, the recoil is stout with 327 Fed loads but very manageable with full power 32 mag. I have re reamed SP101 in 32 Mag with 4" barrel but did not shot it yet; it should be fun to do it. Ammo is expensive but for SD you don't need much. Brass is very difficult to get (same with 32mad now)

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The nifty thing about it is the sixth round in the SP101. I'd love one, myself. Just don't expect light recoil just because the cartridge is a .32.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Hi sjones;

I like the notion of the .327 Magnum. It could certainly be a winner for a handloader. I've played with the .32-20 in a revolver for many years. It can be handloaded to about 1300 with a 115 grain bullet. Pretty potent really and it will really penetrate. The .327 Magnum would do anything the .32-20 can do from a handgun. Recoil of such loads is very mild.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    My 9mm is a glock19.I don't have a particular reason just thinking about getting one.I also have a taurus 709 as my everyday carry.I also have been thinking about getting a 9mm in revolver.Just got the wants not the needs. sj
    Taurus 905 snubby revolver, or the upcoming (I hope!) Charter Arms 9mm/.380. That way you have only one ammo.

I just called Starline and they said that they were indeed going to be making .327 Mag in the near future. She said that she thought they were to be manufactured some time this summer. She said that they think they will be in full production and shipping by the end of the year. I had called them about 6 months ago and was told "we cannot keep up with current manufacture, let alone new calibers". Sounds like they are listening to what the people want...finally.

Links