Record your Serial numbers - Page 3

Record your Serial numbers

This is a discussion on Record your Serial numbers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a list in my computer, hard copy on file, and my son in NJ has a copy. In NJ's weird laws should I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Record your Serial numbers

I have a list in my computer, hard copy on file, and my son in NJ has a copy. In NJ's weird laws should I die he can inherit all my guns (Legal in NJ) with a simple form.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Take a photo of the weapon, put the serial number on the photo. Keep a copy on CD and or thumb drive in another location.
    Exactly! Visual proof of condition! And keep a separate paper list of make, model, S/N, Date of Purchase, where purchased, etc. and any other info that an insurance Co. may request should guns be lost, destroyed, stoled... They like lots of info to make claims more difficult. trust me on that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    One other thought... There are a number of free database programs available for those that would rather use them than work with Excel or Microsoft Access. Search Download.com or other similar websites for "home inventory database" Many of these are configurable, allow you add photos and very easy to use.

One program, which is definately not free but excellent, is Maintenance Parts Bin. You can configure all fields to match the heading you choose, works with barcoding and is extremely flexable. I use it for one of my customers' parts inventory. You can create as many databases as you want. firearms, jewelry, coins, furniture, electronics etc. you can sort, print and search iwith a multitude of options.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Me too, excel spreadsheet on HD, thumb drive and paper. Really prob should do the pictures.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I simply keep the original shot fired manila envelope (with casing in it) and sticker, plus the model bar-code sticker that comes on the outside of each box. The shot fired will prove without doubt the gun is yours.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links