PX4 Storm Bullpup?

This is a discussion on PX4 Storm Bullpup? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here have any experience with the Beretta Bullpup rifle?I have been eyeing them at my LGS.I like the idea of a rifle that ...

Thread: PX4 Storm Bullpup?

PX4 Storm Bullpup?

Does anyone here have any experience with the Beretta Bullpup rifle?I have been eyeing them at my LGS.I like the idea of a rifle that eats 9x19 as I always keep alot of 9mm ammo.I'm mostly interested in info concerning reliability.Secondly optic availability,but any would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Its called the CX4 Storm. It takes the PX4's magazines if you get the right one (the other model takes the 92's mags). The guys that have it think it is pretty cool. In a rifle, I'd like a larger capacity but I guess you could find an aftermarket 30 round mag.

If you want to see it in action...just find an episode of Battlestar Gallactica (the newer version not the original).

I like it but worry about being able to reach the mag release...my fingers are shortish and that bottom curvy piece that mates the bottom of the grip with the stock seems like it would impede hand twisting.

I have the CX4 Storm in .40. It is a nail driver. I love shooting it. Everyone that has shot it, loves it. I luckily got it for $500 NIB, and now dealers seem to be asking in the $800 range. The only problem I have had with it is on the opposite side of the extractor is a gap that lets the exhausted powder out and slightly in your face. I believe there is a fix for it, but I don't actually take it out that much anymore.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bpang1 View Post
    Its called the CX4 Storm.

It is also not a Bullpup design either.

Here is an example of what a Bullpup looks like:

If only they made the storm for the .45 with a 30 round mag.......

Links