Glock 19 Trigger Connector

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Trigger Connector within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to add a 3.5lb connector to my Glock 19. Which do people recommend? The Scherer or the Ghost?...

Thread: Glock 19 Trigger Connector

Glock 19 Trigger Connector

Looking to add a 3.5lb connector to my Glock 19. Which do people recommend? The Scherer or the Ghost?

2. Remove Ads

I have the Ghost tactical 5# trigger. Here's the link:
    5.0 lb. TACTICAL

Which I preferred to the 3# trigger. It works great and I had it done on my G26 as well. I think you would be very happy with either depending on what you are looking for in trigger control.

Does this one drop right in?

Last month I purchased my first Glock a Gen 4 G19. I'm stil new to handguns. I could see how a 3 lb trigger could make a difference but not sure I understand comparing 5 lb to 5 lb. Why would the Ghost 5.0 lb be much different than the stock? Sorry for the newbie question. I have a lot to learn.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing it's just a smoother 5lbs.

VIP Member
    I have the Scherer in mine. I like it. I can't compare it to the Ghost though as I have no experience with it.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Moderator
    Ghost 3.5 in my Glocks. Gives a nice smooth break and reset. The 3.5 pound designation is a bit of a misnomer, as just replacing the connector does not drop the trigger to 3.5 pounds.

It's more like 5 and a half.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I have used both but I like the Ghost (not the rocket). It feels crisper and has a more positive reset. 8 of my Glocks have the Ghost right now.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

What changes the pull weight is the angle at the end of the connector. I use OEM parts in my Glocks and have had the 3.5# connector which actually yields a 4.5 - 5# pull. Glock actually calls it a 4.5# connector now. I prefer the stock 5.5# connector. For a defensive handgun, that is perfect IMO.

To each his own.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have tried them all in my USPSA guns. GLOCK and Schrer are barely noticeable, while GHOST will provide a marked difference. I'd go Ghost. If you don't care about the reset, then go with the Ultimate. If you want a short reset go with the Rocket (requires fitting).
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.

I looked at the Ghost Ultimate and really like it. I think I'm going to order that one.

REad the instructions VERY carefully. You may have to make custom adjustments to some of the trigger jobs. Get the orange slide cap to do this! You will have considerable trouble if you are not careful. I had my modifications done by the Ghost representative at a gun show. he did it in a few seconds - but then, he does it for a living.... If you are doing it for the first time, read everything before doing anything and be careful. It is a great modification and easy enough to do with the right tools.

Senior Moderator
    Ghost makes a couple different styles of connector. One is a drop in, no fitting required.

The other has an over-travel stop that must be filed to fit, and an armorer's backplate is very very handy for that.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Plan on getting the model that is a straight drop in.

Links