XD 45 Compact range report WARNING one hole group inside!

This is a discussion on XD 45 Compact range report WARNING one hole group inside! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I took the XD 45 compact to the range for reliability testing and familiarization. As far as the how the gun functioned...perfectly! No malfunctions, ...

Thread: XD 45 Compact range report WARNING one hole group inside!

XD 45 Compact range report WARNING one hole group inside!

So I took the XD 45 compact to the range for reliability testing and familiarization. As far as the how the gun functioned...perfectly! No malfunctions, no issues whatsoever. I shot 100 rounds of cheap pmc brass FMJ's, starting with 1 mag (13 rounder) for accuracy test. That first mag printed a pretty nice group so I pulled that target and used my second for the balance of the ammunition conducting double taps and three round strings from low ready. All shots fired were at about 10 feet (I always practice at this distance because of the statistics we've all heard about self defence shootings.) Accuracy testing was done shooting about one round every 2 to 3 seconds, double taps and three shot strings where done with less than .5 second split times. Pictures are worth a thousand words so here ya go!
    IMG_0417.JPGIMG_0418.JPG

Oh and you 1911 guys, here's proof ya don't need a $1000+ .45 for one hole groups HA! Just kidding guys!!!

2. Remove Ads

Nice! Glad you are enjoying your new XD. And, thanks for the photos.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Results from CHL qualification course with Springfield Arms XD45 Compact @ 3 , 7 , 15 yrds

I do believe I'm in love.

One thing I forgot to note...shooting with the smaller magazine was quite a nice suprise. I couldn't tell any difference in controlabiltiy between the large mag and the small one.

TCT
    I carry an XD .45 compact and shoot it often.

I have owned it well over a year now and have fired roughly 500+ target rounds and 50+ home defense type rounds through it.

It has quickly become my trusted friend that I know will get the job done if called to do so.

It's well balanced, easy to shoot, easy to clean, accurate, reliable, and shows no signs abnormal wear.

I also have a subcompact 9mm XD with 1000+ rounds through it. Same A+ recommendation for it as well.

Nice. To bad we can't get them in the Communist state of NY. I'll have to stick with my 1911.

Jim

Very nice. You'll see a lot more of that kind of performance. I have over 1200 rounds through my XD45c now. Perfect. I haven't done anything to it, but in the future I do plan to send it off to Springer for a carry trigger job.

Links