LCR in .327 mag

LCR in .327 mag

This is a discussion on LCR in .327 mag within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK so 327 mag has pretty much been flag shipped by Ruger. Why havent they made an LCR in it? I wuold think this would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCR in .327 mag

LCR in .327 mag

OK so 327 mag has pretty much been flag shipped by Ruger. Why havent they made an LCR in it? I wuold think this would be a popular seller to Ruger fans. It would also be as good or better platform than the SP101 for this cartridge.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Maybe Ruger feels that they are taking enough of a chance chambering the sp101 in this albatross.

Maybe so , but with the right marketing it may be what this round needs. Im not a particular fan just been brainstorming
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My first thought when reading the thread title was "That's stupid". After giving it a little bit of thought that actually makes a lot of sense. One more round then .357 and a tad bit less recoil. I like it. I'd actually probably by one.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

May be an interesting concept, but it won't happen, at least not in the near term. Not enough interest in the caliber, and they have a hard enough time producing enough firearms to meet current demand, much less produce additional models and have to manufacture those as well. Presumably, they have several models that have to make it to market.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    OK so 327 mag has pretty much been flag shipped by Ruger. Why havent they made an LCR in it? I would think this would be a popular seller to Ruger fans. It would also be as good or better platform than the SP101 for this cartridge.
    I agree! I'd buy one, maybe two in a heartbeat.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by leibdav1 View Post
    May be an interesting concept, but it won't happen, at least not in the near term. Not enough interest in the caliber, and they have a hard enough time producing enough firearms to meet current demand, much less produce additional models and have to manufacture those as well. Presumably, they have several models that have to make it to market.
    You say that yet the LCP, LCR, and LC9 are all new models that have been introduced recently. Not to mention the new additions to their rifle line such as the scout rifle. Sounds like they don't have a hard time at all.

The .327 would be a great round for the smith DAO line of lightweight 38s out now, EG: 642.
    If it would make the cylinder 10-15% smaller in diameter, keeping the 5 shot format, this could become one of the greatest pocket pistols.........
    The 327 (aledgedly) is somewhere between a 38 and 357 as far a power. Compared to a 38, slightly more power and recoil, and maybe a smaller size weapon. I woudl like to see it.
    Shouldn't be rocket science to redesign a small 32 S&W to 327.....

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    and you could shoot 32 H&R Mag and 32 longs too. Maybe that would help with the availability and cost of .32 caliber ammo.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    and you could shoot 32 H&R Mag and 32 longs too. Maybe that would help with the availability and cost of .32 caliber ammo.
    Yeah you see those calibers all over the place. Just sayin...

I've been looking into the 327 for a bit now, most of what I've found places it power wise between a 9mm and 357 magnum. I'd love to have six 327 rounds on the LCR platform.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    S&W makes the 332--a 6 shot 32 H&R Magnum

32 H&R will chamber and fire 32 S*W longs and shorts
    also 32acp ( it is semi-rimed)

but the jump to 327 is enough that one can not just bore through the chamber of a 32 H&R safely.
    in will work , but no telling for gow many shots. rather the cylinder needs to be made of some rear and expensive metal

if you did not already have a 32 H&R than a 327 Fed would be a good purchase if that was the market you were in.
    but to add another gun just to have a 327, not my game.
    as for re-loading it; 32H&R dies and turn it out ~3 times. same as 357 is to 38. about an extra 1/8 inch
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Maybe Ruger feels that they are taking enough of a chance chambering the sp101 in this albatross.
    So does Smith and taurus. Cartridge becoming popular.... I bet you said the same thing about 40s&w, 6.8, 22.250, .357 sig... etc.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    So does Smith and taurus. Cartridge becoming popular.... I bet you said the same thing about 40s&w, 6.8, 22.250, .357 sig... etc.
    Bet you're wrong. My primary caliber is 357Sig. I did say it about 45gap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links