has anyone else had ruger lc9 problems?

This is a discussion on has anyone else had ruger lc9 problems? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; after about 200 to 250 rounds my main spring came disconnected...i really trust ruger but this is crazy!....any advice...(im lost for words)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: has anyone else had ruger lc9 problems?

after about 200 to 250 rounds my main spring came disconnected...i really trust ruger but this is crazy!....any advice...(im lost for words)

I havent, but I have yet to shoot it, sorry. I hear they are really good about fixing stuff, might want to contact them.

Nope. 980 rounds through mine and only two malfunctions which were probably more of an ammo issue.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

No Problem either, but only 100 rounds thru it so far. Anybody have the Crimson laser grip option?

Like it? yes / no?

I had an issue with mine (shot extremely low).Sent it back to Ruger( their dime)Got it back in two weeks.They replaced the front sight.Got mine in March.800+-mostly cheap,assorted rounds without a hiccup.Once you get used to the long trigger it's really accurate.I plan on getting the CT laserguard for it.It was just released.For me the trigger took some practice but I eventually got it.It shoots better groups than all my pistols(except .22's).

Sorry to hear about your new Ruger problems.. I have the LCP and the LCR, both are running at 100% so far. What ever the problem is, I'm sure Ruger will make it right.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

My LC9 could not make it through 2 magazines without failing to eject. Hopefully it will work much better when it comes back from Ruger.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Sorry to hear about your new Ruger problems.. I have the LCP and the LCR, both are running at 100% so far. What ever the problem is, I'm sure Ruger will make it right.
    im waitin for the stuff to come in the mail to send it back..but they told me its gonna take 2 to 3weeks should I just go to a gun smith?....and if I do how much do you think they would charge?..

send it back to the factory
    10thmtn likes this.

Send it back, Ruger will make it right. They did for my LCP. I have been reading on several other forums, and the LC9 has had very few problems. One rear site loose, one lite strikes, but many, many happy owners with hundreds of rounds down range with no problems. A good gun, I can hardly wait to get me one!
    Roger

No problems here - 1000 downrange, flawlessly. Accurate, comfortable.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by rugery View Post
    im waitin for the stuff to come in the mail to send it back..but they told me its gonna take 2 to 3weeks should I just go to a gun smith?....and if I do how much do you think they would charge?..

If it was me, I'd do as the others suggest and send it back to the mother ship. They'll make it right or replace it. If a smith gets in there and for what ever reason makes things worse, well, that's it; it'll probably void any manufactures warranty, but I absolutely have no idea if that would be the case.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    If it was me, I'd do as the others suggest and send it back to the mother ship. They'll make it right or replace it. If a smith gets in there and for what ever reason makes things worse, well, that's it; it'll probably void any manufactures warranty, but I absolutely have no idea if that would be the case.
    That is correct. Dont mess with it, let Ruger do it right, believe me it is worth the wait.
    Roger

Had a problem with my SP101, sent it to Ruger and had it back fixed and ready to go in ten days! Send it back--- DO NOT GO TO A GUNSMITH UNLESS you want to spend needless $$$$$ !!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    I can usually shoot inside the 10 ring with my XDm 9mm. However, with the LC9 I can not hit the target at all at 10yds. I got a CT laser LG-412 and will be trying to discover the problem this weekend at the range. Maybe my sights are off, or more probably, the crappy trigger is throwing me off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links