CW9 range report

CW9 range report

This is a discussion on CW9 range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, this past weekend, I finally got a chance to really wring out the new CW9. And let me tell you, I love this gun. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crue2009
  • 1 Post By SGFvr

Thread: CW9 range report

CW9 range report

Well, this past weekend, I finally got a chance to really wring out the new CW9. And let me tell you, I love this gun. It is accurate, points very naturally for me (and my wife who now wants one of her own) and just feels great in my hand.

I put 200 rounds of Winchester Whitebox ammo through it (115 grain FMJ) and approx. 90 rounds of assorted hollow point ammo that I had sitting in the safe through it. This consisted of Hydrashock, Golden Saber, Ranger, and some Winchester HP rounds. Various grain ammo, some mags were all one type and several were mixed to see if the gun would jam at all. It digested everything I put through it with not a single hitch.

It shot to point of aim out to about 40 feet, then we all seemed to hit just a little low and to the right, maybe by 2 inches. So as far as I am concerned, combat accurate and I am completely comfortable with it. I have a brand new holster on the way from Theisholsters. When it gets here, this gun will most likely be my main Summer time carry gun.

And while we were there, my wife and I also got in 300 rounds with out XD's (her's a .40 XD Sub Compact and mine an .40 XD service sized) and I also shot the primary carry gun, the Glock 23, and I found something very interesting. I shoot my XD MUCH< MUCH more accurately than I do my Glock. As a result, I may be ordering a holster from Tommy for the XD as well and continue the transition away from the Glock as the primary carry gun. Just some thought rolling around in my head.

We were at the range to practice and also to introduce one of the guys at work and his wife to the world of shooting. They are both from Chicago and had never fired (or held) a handgun before. But, not being under communist control any more, both want to learn and then buy a gun each for protection. He liked the Sig P226 that another friend brought, and she fell in love with my XD. We had a great time and my wife and I had a good time cleaning the guns later that evening. Over all, a great way to spent a weekend day.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thats treason!!!!!

I hated that gun. I sold mine. But if you can shoot accurately with it, draw and everything, it will make a good carry gun. You can conceal that thing in spandex.

the cw9 is a awsome gun as you said..very accurate,well balanced and reliable..i have about 500 rounds through mine,it's a keeper..
    TN_Mike likes this.

TN Mike : I still haven't shot mine yet. Got to get that done and start carrying it. Too many pans on the fire. Good to see you liked it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I carried a pf-9 for 2 years. Never had a minutes trouble of any kind an fire about 1200 rounds in mine.

GM
    Congrats on the CW9! I am sure you will enjoy it; Kahr makes very good firearms.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I love my CW9! It shoots naturaly (POA) and has been 100% reliable. It is my main carry piece.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Sorry "glockrocker"....its actually spelled "reason"....:)
    TN_Mike likes this.

Good one SGFvr!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Congratz on the CW9, I hope it continues to "grow" on you. I guess I'm somewhat ambivalent about mine. I've had it a couple of years and it is just super to carry and there are occasions, because of its size, that it is the best carry option. I shoot it fine and have had no problems, but for some reason I can't explain I've just never warmed up to it. Of the polymer guns, my fav is the G30-it is a little chunky, but no problem to carry and it shoots like a dream.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

VIP Member
    I bought a CW9 for my wife. It handled anything I fed it and wanted more. I'll admit, though not being a plastic gun fan, I was impressed by it. Ended up buying a CW45 for myself. On days that I don't carry my 1911, it's on my hip.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I paired my CW9 with a crimson trace laser and a IWB holster I found on eBay.
    Great carry gun!

Sponsored Links