Fellow S&W Semi-Auto Fans - Need Help - Page 2

Fellow S&W Semi-Auto Fans - Need Help

This is a discussion on Fellow S&W Semi-Auto Fans - Need Help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my M&P .40c and M&P .40 FS! Choose the caliber you want!! Some like 9, some like 40, some like 45, all are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fellow S&W Semi-Auto Fans - Need Help

I love my M&P .40c and M&P .40 FS! Choose the caliber you want!! Some like 9, some like 40, some like 45, all are sufficient!! Choose the one you feel fits you and your situation best! My 13 year old son shot my M&P 40c this weekend and at 10 feet hit all 11 shots in a plate sized target. He has also shot my Beretta 92 Centurion 9mm and he would much rather shoot one of my 2 40s!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    These aren't M&P, but they were my first pistols and literally have 10k rounds through them. My 410 is now sealed, canned and bunkered at an undisclosed location with 200 JHP's for a rainy day, and my 908 still makes it in the carry rotation when I need to tuck in my shirt.

I'm pretty sure that gun is not intended to be carried cocked,that is the reason for the decocker on the weapon,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

twc
    Whoever said the SD's have a heavier trigger pull than the sigmas is WRONG. Good article here on M&P vs SD...Smith & Wesson SD40 Semi-Auto Pistol
    Interestingly the SD's are thinner and lighter than the M&P's.

Quote Originally Posted by twc View Post
    Whoever said the SD's have a heavier trigger pull than the sigmas is WRONG. Good article here on M&P vs SD...Smith & Wesson SD40 Semi-Auto Pistol
    Interestingly the SD's are thinner and lighter than the M&P's.
    That would be me, Made mistake & corrected it ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Really, the Sigma, SD, and M&P are all great guns. It just depends on if you like the look of them. I've been thinking about adding the SD to my rotation of guns since I like the look and I already own a M&P and Sigma.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm pretty sure that gun is not intended to be carried cocked,that is the reason for the decocker on the weapon,
    Good eye. I had unloaded it and put an empty mag in it for the picture. Racked it to make sure it was empty, and holstered it. Thanks!

I love my m&p9c, it's my edc. I am a huge fan of the entire m&p line and would love to own one of each caliber and size some day. As for right now, I know I want a full size 9mm. I would love to get my hands on an SD around here (northwest ohio) and try it out. I am familiar with the grip of the m&p full size but have never handled the SD. The look of the SD is originally what pulled me in so no problems there.

As far as Sigma pistol goes, the model 915 would be a favorite of mine. Cheap, good shooter, and 'decent' trigger pull.
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'd vote for m&p over sd.

Like others said regarding 9 vs 40, mostly preference. Try before you buy, if possible. Both are fine. The m&p 40c is a soft shooter (for a 40c), imho.

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post

As far as Sigma pistol goes, the model 915 would be a favorite of mine. Cheap, good shooter, and 'decent' trigger pull.
    I'm confused. Other than being S&W's, Sigmas and 3rd Gen's like the 915 have almost nothing in common.

I vote for an M&P over SD also, I love my M&P9 Pro 4.25". I also love 3rd Gen Smiths like my 4003.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    I'm confused. Other than being S&W's, Sigmas and 3rd Gen's like the 915 have almost nothing in common.

I vote for an M&P over SD also, I love my M&P9 Pro 4.25". I also love 3rd Gen Smiths like my 4003.
    The debate is neither here nor there about sigma's.. it was simply brought up during conversation in relation to the trigger of a sigma and the trigger of the SD's.

The discussion in is m&p line $100+ better than the SD line. If so, why?
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Since we are on the topic of M&P's...I was trying to find old threads about this, but wasn't having any luck:
    I am looking at the 4.25 length M&P9 or Pro Series
    Other than the lighter trigger on the Pro Series, is there any really compelling reason to go w/the Pro series? I have only shot/carried Glocks and Kahrs w/standard triggers, and never found the need to change anything. Maybe shooting the lighter trigger would change my mind for me, but since I carry everything I own, I want something that is safe for EDC.
    There's a very good chance I would opt for Tritium sights over the Fiber Optics that come on the Pro Series, so that's definietly not something drawing me to the Pro Series.

The 4.25" Pro has Tritium sights on it instead of the fiber optic. I went with it because the night sights and better trigger were more than worth the $80 difference I paid over a standard M&P to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    The 4.25" Pro has Tritium sights on it instead of the fiber optic. I went with it because the night sights and better trigger were more than worth the $80 difference I paid over a standard M&P to me.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I was looking at specs for the 5" which comes w/Novak Fiber Optics. I think if I can find the Pro locally I will definitely go that way.

VIP Member
    Go with the M&P for sure..... I drank the Koolaid years ago.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links