Just got my new gun today! - Page 2

Just got my new gun today!

This is a discussion on Just got my new gun today! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; congrats on your G19!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just got my new gun today!

congrats on your G19!
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Congrats.I have a 26 and 17.It's time to go Goldilocks.

Solid choice in the G19; I'm carrying one right now and do it every day. My only piece of advice now is not to skimp on your belt; pony up the money for a good one and you won't think twice about carrying your pistol for twelve hours at a stretch. I'm not an expert on gun belts, but I got mine from forum supporter A&G Leather and it's worth every penny. You're also going to hear about the "box o' holsters" you'll wind up with, but I've used the second (and last) holster I bought for well over a year every day; it's a FIST #1A. Not saying it'd be perfect for you, but you might check 'em out. Have fun with your G19; it'll soon be the only centerfire pistol I own and I'm not one bit sad or worried by that.

I do recomend the CBST or the kholster. I carry my G23 and 30 IWB everyday in either one, supported very well be a Wilderness instructor 5 stitch belt. this setup works very well for me.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    Congrats.I have a 26 and 17.It's time to go Goldilocks.

What does Goldilocks mean?

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    Solid choice in the G19; I'm carrying one right now and do it every day. My only piece of advice now is not to skimp on your belt; pony up the money for a good one and you won't think twice about carrying your pistol for twelve hours at a stretch. I'm not an expert on gun belts, but I got mine from forum supporter A&G Leather and it's worth every penny. You're also going to hear about the "box o' holsters" you'll wind up with, but I've used the second (and last) holster I bought for well over a year every day; it's a FIST #1A. Not saying it'd be perfect for you, but you might check 'em out. Have fun with your G19; it'll soon be the only centerfire pistol I own and I'm not one bit sad or worried by that.
    The belt makes a differencei n the comfort of a CCW? I didnt even give the belt a thought. I figured my old dress/casual leather belt would be fine?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

No, they make all the difference in the world. A good thick (double straps of leather) belt is what keeps the gun tight to your body, balanced and, most importantly, helps distribute the weight. I wore a regular but thick belt for a few months of concealed carry and then bought a good belt and the difference was incredible. I know it sounds like something that shouldn't make that drastic of a difference, but it definitely does. You almost have to try a good belt out to believe it.

VIP Member
    congrats it will serve you well, I carry one everyday!
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

I agree that a good holster along with a good belt makes all the difference.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Congrats! Enjoy!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

any good sites on a quality belt? What would be the advantages/disadvantages of a synthetic tactical belt or a thick leather belt?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    any good sites on a quality belt? What would be the advantages/disadvantages of a synthetic tactical belt or a thick leather belt?
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, dont give them a tomorrow."

Congrats on your new GLOCK 19, the first and last 9x19 pistol you'll ever need.

Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide with the combat cut supported by a Crossbreed belt in black. My GLOCK 19 has been comforting me in this set-up going on 2 years now. Excellent customer service and warranty on this holster. Horsehide would probably be real good for you where you are located.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Congrats on your new GLOCK 19, the first and last 9x19 pistol you'll ever need.

Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide with the combat cut supported by a Crossbreed belt in black. My GLOCK 19 has been comforting me in this set-up going on 2 years now. Excellent customer service and warranty on this holster. Horsehide would probably be real good for you where you are located.

Is this holster comfortable sitting down? Driving, work, eating, etc.? Is the crossbreed belt leather?
    -George Washington

Yes, yes, yes (as is true with any method of waistband concealed carry you will need to modify how you pick things up off of the ground, how you reach for things, and how you hold a counter top down), yes? And yes it is leather and looks like an ordinary belt, just more of it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links