Glock 34 vs XDm 5.25

Glock 34 vs XDm 5.25

This is a discussion on Glock 34 vs XDm 5.25 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm NOT trying to start a brand war. The purpose of my inquiry is that I'm looking for an IDPA pistol gun. This will not ...

Thread: Glock 34 vs XDm 5.25

Glock 34 vs XDm 5.25

I'm NOT trying to start a brand war. The purpose of my inquiry is that I'm looking for an IDPA pistol gun. This will not be a carry gun.

I'm a very happy multiple Gen 4 Glock owner and if a Gen 4 Glock 34 was available right now, I would have bought it.
    But it's not.

I know the XDm 5.25 was only recently announced and not available and the Gen4 Glock 34 is not available at this moment either.

I've never shot an XDm so I'm curious as to owners of both what differences they've noticed between the two.

The G34 has a very impressive record, but the new XDm 5.25 has all the features that I would want right out of the box.
    I've seen competitors do well with either brands.

My inquiry:

1. Wait for Gen4 Glock 34?
    2. Go ahead and get a Gen 3 Glock 34?
    3. Get the XDm 5.25 when it is available?

I know I should go and rent and try the current XDms to see if that would help my decision.

Thank you all!
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

I prefer XDMs. The single biggest difference s the grip. If you are happy with Glocks, I would stick with the platform that I carried.

Which frame fits your hand better? Go for fit. Nothing wrong with a Gen 3 G34. How about accessoryavailability? Glock stuff is all over. Can you get a holster for the New XDm?
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    I prefer XDMs. The single biggest difference s the grip. If you are happy with Glocks, I would stick with the platform that I carried.
    Good point. I thought I wasn't happy with the Gen 3s, but I did hold and shoot a Gen 3 Glock 34 and that felt fine.

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    Which frame fits your hand better? Go for fit. Nothing wrong with a Gen 3 G34. How about accessoryavailability? Glock stuff is all over. Can you get a holster for the New XDm?
    Great points. Someone else said the same thing about Gen3 Glock 34s about the amazing amount of accessories available for it. I didn't think about the holsters. Man, I'm glad I asked.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Sponsored Links