Kel-Tec P3AT Gen2 Upper On Gen1 Lower

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec P3AT Gen2 Upper On Gen1 Lower within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was going to buy a Ruger LCP. But then I was thinking, maybe I'll just refnish the slide on my P3AT. I called Kel-Tec ...

Thread: Kel-Tec P3AT Gen2 Upper On Gen1 Lower

I was going to buy a Ruger LCP. But then I was thinking, maybe I'll just refnish the slide on my P3AT. I called Kel-Tec CS and they said that they would just replace my slide and barrel with the parkerized one for $60. Sounds like a good deal to me. But I have a Gen 1 that has the extractor that rides straight along the slide. They said that they don't make them anymore. The CS rep was unsure if the Gen 2 upper that has the angled extractor with the visible screw would work with a Gen 1 lower. She transferred me to another rep, but the call went to her VM. I'm waiting for a call back.

So I figured that I'd put it up here for any KT owners that may know about this.

Or should I just get the LCP and keep the shotty looking 3AT as a back up BUG (not meaning to carry 2 BUGs at the same time)? Maybe keep one in the locker at work and one at home.

I know that looks don't really matter for a pocket carried BUG, but the slide wear and bit of rust do bother me a little.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Continuing my google-fu search revealed some info. Apparently, the Gen 2s do not have a detachable recoil spring catch. So it doesn't appear that the Gen 1 and Gen 2 slides are interchangeable.

Maybe someone can recommend where I can have my slide refinished instead of replaced. Or again, should I just get the LCP?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

slideoffer

I had him do my P-11, and one of my P3AT's. Quick turn around, and his work is top notch.

And I agree that the 1st gen frames are different from the second gen ones and this makes the slides not interchangeable.

Links