My three Colts

This is a discussion on My three Colts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a pic of my three Colts. The Gold Cup Trophy is less than a month old and I only have about 200 rounds ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My three Colts

My three Colts

Here is a pic of my three Colts. The Gold Cup Trophy is less than a month old and I only have about 200 rounds down the tube.The 38 Super/9mm on the bottom has about 37,000 rounds down the tube.The Lawman I have no idea how many rounds.
    Attached Images
    C hawk Glock and OD* like this.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice stable!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Just mention Colts and I'll open the thread for a peek.

You have some fine ones there too. Covers lots of handgunning needs too. I like them every one.

The Gold Cup Trophy is a fine target, range gun that could work for self defense.

The Lawman is a horse of a .357 snub and a really good way to do .357 snub revolvers. Makes a lot more sense than super-stunted 5-shot flea-weight revolvers chambered for .357 Magnum. Colt ought to still be making them. There's a Mark III Lawman 2-inch in a pawn shop at a town nearby that I've pondered over for more than a year now. It has Pachmyrs rather than the original stocks which what has held me back. The original stocks for a 2-inch Lawman are unique to that gun, fitting no other model Colt revolver and are impossible to find this day and age.

I'm really warming up to the notion of 1911s in 9mm and have long wanted a .38 Super chambered 1911 to play with for handloading fun. The .38 Super ought to be more popular than it is. I'm envious of yours.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    good lookin ladies you have there.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I saw some factory grips on Ebay for the snubbie Lawman. They have been on there for atleast 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post

You have some fine ones there too. Covers lots of handgunning needs too. I like them every one.

The Gold Cup Trophy is a fine target, range gun that could work for self defense.

The Lawman is a horse of a .357 snub and a really good way to do .357 snub revolvers. Makes a lot more sense than super-stunted 5-shot flea-weight revolvers chambered for .357 Magnum. Colt ought to still be making them. There's a Mark III Lawman 2-inch in a pawn shop at a town nearby that I've pondered over for more than a year now. It has Pachmyrs rather than the original stocks which what has held me back. The original stocks for a 2-inch Lawman are unique to that gun, fitting no other model Colt revolver and are impossible to find this day and age.

I'm really warming up to the notion of 1911s in 9mm and have long wanted a .38 Super chambered 1911 to play with for handloading fun. The .38 Super ought to be more popular than it is. I'm envious of yours.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Very nice!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    Very nice! Congrats

Same thing here
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    Here is a pic of my three Colts. The Gold Cup Trophy is less than a month old and I only have about 200 rounds down the tube.The 38 Super/9mm on the bottom has about 37,000 rounds down the tube.The Lawman I have no idea how many rounds.
    Very nice indeed!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

OD*

Trivia quiz for you Bryan. Do you know the reason Colt is now rollmarking their Super's slides with .38 Super instead of the original Super .38, but the barrels are still marked Super .38?

~ Tiger McKee

I've not heard. I would have said it's because they have no respect for tradition.

I'd still take one of the "mismarked" ones mind you.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

OD*
    Colt let the “Super .38” trademark lapse, USFA picked it up, Colt can’t use it as the model name anymore, even though they originated it. They can however mark their barrels as such, and USFA can’t do anything about that, because Super .38 ACP is the actual and correct name for the cartridge itself. More useless information.

I'd take one of the "mismarked" ones in heartbeat too!

~ Tiger McKee

Nice grouping!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

los
    A beautiful Family Portrait.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Very nice pony collection.... 37,000 rounds, absolutely awesome.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Those are some beautiful guns. It is a shame that Colt doesn't make that revolver any more.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links