Truglo fiber optic nite sights?

This is a discussion on Truglo fiber optic nite sights? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 27 gen 4 on layaway and am wanting a set of these for it. I have a friend who has these ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Truglo fiber optic nite sights?

I have a Glock 27 gen 4 on layaway and am wanting a set of these for it. I have a friend who has these on a G26 and I like them a lot. How do these compare to regular nite sites like merpro lites for example?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

they rock.. way better in daylight and just as good as at night

Can you see them in your dark bedroom at night? Just asking because I like looking where my G26 is in my room (which I keep pitch black) at night and seeing those three little glowing dots. Is there any issue with the dirt and movement a carry piece sees? Any real life pics of them in darkness and light? I would think they would be great in the day are with minimum light.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I have Meprolight (green and green) on a G26 and they look outstanding at night. White dots in the day. I have Meprolight (front green rear yellow) sights on a Springfield XD40 and that was a bad investment. The yellow is hardly visable. In retrospect, I feel like I should have went with the Tru-Glow sights. At least on the XD40. Live and learn...

I love my TFOs....but opinions do vary. I plan on putting them on all my guns. I only have them on one right now.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have been thinking of trying two different colors for point aiming and quick site picture but I wasn't sure of the colors to use. I like the green and was concerned that the other colors wouldn't pick up well. Note to self, don't use yellow.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I have the TFOs on my G26 and like them a lot...got the contrasting green/yellow.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

My Sig has tritium rear and True Glow front, the tritium's are bright in low light and complete darkness the TG shines all the time like a tiny green star.

Quite gloating. At least these companies make them for your gun. Not available for either version of my Baby Eagles (machining required), and I sooooo want a set of fiber optic sights.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

So your saying the TG(f.o.) sights work in darkness?
    - George Orwell Military

I have a set of TFO's on my Glock 19 and they are fantastic. I have had Trijicon night sights on previous Glocks and they don't compare (especially in daylight shooting). At night they are so bright that they cast a green glow on the wall closest to the night stand.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Yes. Tritium (for darkness) and Fiber Optic (for daylight). TFO. Glow brightly all the time. They're nice sights.
    Justified likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I have them on two of my Glocks. After having retina surgery these are a Godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Yes, I run a TGFO on front because it is visible (glows), in daylight and darkness. My tritium vials in the rear have white outlines for day shooting when the gas isn't visible.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Yes, I run a TGFO on front because it is visible (glows), in daylight and darkness. My tritium vials in the rear have white outlines for day shooting when the gas isn't visible.
    That's cool, I always wonder if a fiber sight needed a light source to be visible. Any issues with accuracy or dirt or cleaning?
    - George Orwell Military

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links