daughter's bersa

This is a discussion on daughter's bersa within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My son bought a Bersa Thunder .380 as his first carry gun, mostly because it was the best gun he could afford. He likes the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: daughter's bersa

My son bought a Bersa Thunder .380 as his first carry gun, mostly because it was the best gun he could afford. He likes the little gun so much, he has bought a Bersa .45. He's very happy with both. They are reliable and accurate.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Kudo`S to you Hardluk for training your Daughter!. Both of mine have CCW`s and carry all the time. It`s a Wicked World out there anymore.

Both my wife and I love her Bersa Thunder 380 Plus (double stack mag). Very solid gun. Little recoil and accurate.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Not my favorite pistol, but I don't plan on selling it. I have the cc version btw.

My own Bersa Thunder .380 came with a caveat from the dealer. He'd sold them for years and found them to be truly reliable firearms. Then for awhile, there were a number that had failure to feed or fire problems. With patience, those problems worked themselves out and his customers were ultimately happy.

I was one of those customers. My first failure to feed incidents in the first five boxes were as follows. Box 1-20, box 2-12, box 3-7, box 4-5 and box 5-3. Since that fifth box of ammo, I've had no failure to feed problems and have sent over 2500 rounds down range from this little gun. Failure to fire was another problem I experienced and that was traced to the ammo itself, either age of ammo or reloads.

The Bersa Thunder .380 I have seems to like the more rounded hollow point slugs. The hollow point rounds that did have failure to feed had more acutely angled slugs and a thinner jacket. In other .380 firearms, these rounds performed flawlessly.

Now that I have gotten this little weapon sorted out, it is a daily carry under light clothing. My daughter (also a little gal at 112 pounds) shoots it just fine. She prefers the heavier weapons to the lighter ones due to the stability they give her.

Good luck to you on your Bersa. You could do a whole lot worse and pay a lot more money.

I'll add that I have been a 1911 fan most of my life, but besides the Kimber I carried with the Sherriff's Office, I am also a huge fan of the CZ-82 in 9mm MAK. The .45 can be a bit heavy at times, but the CZ............. Now THAT is a sweet machine. A tack driver and inexpensive to feed. I carry any of them as required for 'social situations'.

Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I too had one and I think it's a GREAT value. I just wish .380 ammo was cheaper becaue I like shooting it. I got rid of mine when I decided to simplify and consolidate my carry line up. If I was going to carry a gun the size of a Bersa IWB, then I wanted it to be a 9mm. I kept .380 only for dedicated pocket carry with a Kahr P380. But I do miss my Bersa. I took my CCW class with it and it never ever jammed no matter what ammo I fed it and it was one of my most accurate handguns. I didn't like the safety on mine; it was really hard to work. If I ever did carry it, I'd planned on leaving the safety off but that first trigger pull would be a bear! I suspect you'll encourage your daughter to practice the fist double action pull. After that it's sweet!

Good job Dad!

Gideon

Thanks for all the input. Last night my daughter asked if we can go to the range today. Heck yes, will be leave'n in about 30 minutes and now her hubby want to get his CC too. So i will pull out another handgun for him to work with . Yipeee,, nothing like more arm family members. Remember too, this bersa is a used gun so it is either a good one or a problem gun with rounds allready fire. Either way I never cared as I never found one I could not make run with a bit of polishing and tweeking so rounds down range will tell. I never trust any firearm till it proves it self and that would be more so for my daughter. If I can get her comfortable with any of my other handguns then great but for right now this is her starting point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links