Glock New York 1 trigger spring

This is a discussion on Glock New York 1 trigger spring within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I put a NY1 trigger spring in my Glock 19 with the stock 5 pound connector (and polished the contact points in the trigger system ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Glock New York 1 trigger spring

Glock New York 1 trigger spring

I put a NY1 trigger spring in my Glock 19 with the stock 5 pound connector (and polished the contact points in the trigger system while I had it apart) last week.

I went today and tested it out.
    I found that I shot quite a bit better than the stock trigger set up. When drawing and point shooting from 5 to 10 yards, it hit right to center mass on IPSC type targets. I was pulling shots to the left before, but now it is dead center.
    The 19 was my favorite auto before, but I had been carrying my revolvers more and more because I could shoot them better when rapidly drawing from the holster than the Glock.
    With the more revolver like trigger, I think I will switch back to it as my EDC.

2. Remove Ads

That is good to know as I was thinking about doing the same.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

VIP Member
    Well the polishing probably helped the most. Add in the NY1 and you have just made it more like those revolvers you say you shoot so well.

If it works for you, great! Well done.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Whatever works for ya'..., but I like my Glocks stock.OMO
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have had every trigger set up that you can put in a Glock. Some was required by the issuing PD, some was just me tooling around. In the end, stock works best for me. Glad that you found what works for you. Transitioning from a revolver to a NY1 trigger is probably a good idea. Although, I think (JMO) that if you gave the stock trigger some time you would shoot it even better.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I had put close to a thousand rounds through the Glock with the stock set up, and I have shot most types of action, DA/SA, double action and single action revolvers, and shot a 1911 single action auto in IPSC.
    I just think I prefer the double action “feel” of the NY1 spring.

When I carry a Glock, it is usually one with a 3.5 lb. connector and an NY-1 module.

Quote Originally Posted by 303british View Post
    I put a NY1 trigger spring in my Glock 19 with the stock 5 pound connector (and polished the contact points in the trigger system while I had it apart) last week.

I went today and tested it out.
    I found that I shot quite a bit better than the stock trigger set up. When drawing and point shooting from 5 to 10 yards, it hit right to center mass on IPSC type targets. I was pulling shots to the left before, but now it is dead center.
    The 19 was my favorite auto before, but I had been carrying my revolvers more and more because I could shoot them better when rapidly drawing from the holster than the Glock.
    With the more revolver like trigger, I think I will switch back to it as my EDC.
    Me too. Works good.

i bought a NY1 and a 3.5 and although i never shot it i didn't care for the feel and took them out. i always though i should try them at the range for kicks, i might like them. tomorrow i think i will.

I have a NY1 in my Glock also. I really like it.

I just ordered a NY1 for my G 26.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959 View Post
    I just ordered a NY1 for my G 26.
    Well I received my NY 1 today, but I can't get it figured out on installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959 View Post
    Well I received my NY 1 today, but I can't get it figured out on installing it.
    Plenty of vids on YouTube.

Links