Some more thoughts on the Glock 19 - Page 2

Some more thoughts on the Glock 19

This is a discussion on Some more thoughts on the Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome to Kool Aide Drinkers Anonymous! I recently pickedup up a used Gen 3 model 19 and 26. As soon as I find a good ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Some more thoughts on the Glock 19

Welcome to Kool Aide Drinkers Anonymous!

I recently pickedup up a used Gen 3 model 19 and 26. As soon as I find a good holster, they will join my carry rotation.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    My G19 has kind of won me over as well. I'm glad you are having success with it.

You didn't have any trouble with reliability with yours, did you? I had a few start up issues but a new recoil spring fixed it right up and now I carry it with confidence.
    Mine was flawless from the get go. But to be fair it also had the new recoil spring. I have to admit, I watched your videos and read your comments and almost didn't buy it because it. But then they figured out the deal with the recoil spring and such.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Mine was flawless from the get go. But to be fair it also had the new recoil spring. I have to admit, I watched your videos and read your comments and almost didn't buy it because it. But then they figured out the deal with the recoil spring and such.
    I'm glad yours worked well from the beginning.

That darned gun nearly gave me an inferiority complex. I was SURE it was something I was doing due to Glock's "flawless reputation," but after going over the basics again and again and having other very seasoned instructors tell me I was fine I finally decided it had to be a Glock issue.

I knew they'd figure it out. Every time I've had to work with Glock in repairs they have come through wither either fixing the gun or replacing it.

Even though they STILL won't admit that the first spring was an error they will at least replace it for free!

Whenever people tell me my experience is a reason they aren't getting a Glock I kind of feel bad.. It's still a good gun and not worth discounting just because they had a rough childhood with a single spring.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Whenever people tell me my experience is a reason they aren't getting a Glock I kind of feel bad.. It's still a good gun and not worth discounting just because they had a rough childhood with a single spring.
    On the upside it lets you know that your opinion carry's a decent amount weight with shooters on the internet which seeing as how you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a "expert" is something to be proud be.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter64 View Post
    Welcome to Kool Aide Drinkers Anonymous!

I recently pickedup up a used Gen 3 model 19 and 26. As soon as I find a good holster, they will join my carry rotation.
    Crossbreed Supertuck will fit them both. Your search is over.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    crossbreed supertuck will fit them both. Your search is over.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Rollo,

Glad you like the G-19, now I will proceed to wait about 3-5 months and see what your next EDC will be.
    This is actually my first change this year. So 1EDC change in one year is pretty good.....for me.....
    TN_Mike likes this.

I think you know my thoughts on the G19 pretty well by now. Thing is...........G23 is the same size! LOL! Concealment with the compact Glocks? We've been over this before (or at least I have). Synergism........look it up. Definition is the way you should be with your chosen carry. Glock just does it for me. How could a true battle weapon ever escape the hands of the public who wish to protect themselves? Many can't deal with it simply because it's so simple.

Rollo - Told you so!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

All this Glock 19 talk lately has gotten me jealous! Am I the only one without one?!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    This is actually my first change this year. So 1EDC change in one year is pretty good.....for me.....
    I just busting your chops dude! LOL...... The funny part is that you are ending with what I started with........
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Crossbreed Supertuck will fit them both. Your search is over.
    Yeah, I might just have to suck it up and order one. It's a bummer that they have a 4 to 6 week wait. With my Galco holsters, I was able to buy them at a gun show.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

I bought my gen 3 g19 some 10 years ago. I keep trying to talk myself into a new pistol, even a different glock. But, every time I get close I just can't make myself do it. It just fits my hand and angle perfectly. I can't find anything that feels as good. I don't have any idea how many rounds I've put through it. But, I know that in 10 years I haven't had a single jam. Not one. It has performed flawlessly right out of the box. It's still bone stock. I'd like to get some night sights or a crimson trace for it. But it's hard to spend the money when it shoots so well already. Sure wish Crimson Trace was cheaper. =(
    adric22 and joker1 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdaddyxx View Post
    ... But, I know that in 10 years I haven't had a single jam. ...
    'Same here. Out-of-the-box, clean, dirty, filthy, whatever; mine has never hesitated. Back in '09 when ammo was scarce, I put over a thousand rounds of nasty Brown Bear through it. It just didn't care. It was born to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter64 View Post
    Yeah, I might just have to suck it up and order one. It's a bummer that they have a 4 to 6 week wait. With my Galco holsters, I was able to buy them at a gun show.
    Try out a M-tac Spartan. 3 day turn around time, comparable in price, 4 point adjustable instead of three and you can order different kydex bodies so you can use it with multiple guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links