Taurus parts

Taurus parts

This is a discussion on Taurus parts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my PT709 apart this weekend to get all the grease out from shipping and when i went to put it back together and ...

Thread: Taurus parts

Taurus parts

I took my PT709 apart this weekend to get all the grease out from shipping and when i went to put it back together and the safety wouldn't work correctly well long story short, when i pulled it apart there is a little ball that holds the safety lever tight and that is no where to be found where should i go to find one of these or should i just leave the safety off like i have it now

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Call Taurus, tell them the safety quit working after you cleaned it after a trip to the range. They'll probably tell you to ship it to them, and that they'll fix/replace it under warranty.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Good luck!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

yea, it will likely cost ya the shipping cost to send it in. They don't like to sell some parts seperately.

Call Taurus CS... Or go to Taurusarmed.net and look in gunsmithing and/ or 700 series for info. You'll get it right!!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    This is why we don't detail strip a gun without a good reason, if you don't know what your doing and you go beyond the slide. barrel, guide rod, and guide spring take down, this stuff happens. I honestly do not think Taurus will fix it since you broke it. Its not a warrenty issue. Suck it up, order the part, pay for the mistake you made yourself. Unless of course the safety did not work before you took it down, in which case some of this statement is null and void.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

i am not worried about trying to get them to warranty it it was my fault i just didn't know if Taurus could sell to end consumers or if i would have to go to a dealer or something but i will try and give Taurus a call and see what they say

There are certain parts Taurus won't sell to anybody. That being said, it sounds like you lost a detent ball which is no big deal. I lose them from time to time and so does every gun smith I know, thats why they make detent ball kits. Call your local smiths and see if one of the has a detent ball kit, then take your spring and safety lever and they should be able to match it up for you. If you can't find a smith that has one, taurus should sell you one with no problem, but your probably looking at paying $10 to $15 for a $1 part.

Links