Taurus 145 & 745 - Page 2

Taurus 145 & 745

This is a discussion on Taurus 145 & 745 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not have a Taurus PT 145 or 745. I do have two Taurus hand guns and both have been fine so far. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Taurus 145 & 745

I do not have a Taurus PT 145 or 745. I do have two Taurus hand guns and both have been fine so far. I did have to send one back for a sticky magazine release but it only took 4 weeks to rurn it around. I have had to send back a Sprinfield 1911 and a new FNP 9 for issues, so Taurus is not the only gun with challenges. I have looked at the 745 as a possible option for carry. I carry a Kel Tec PF9 right now and am very happy with it as it it is slim, has not manual safetys (DAO) and is 7 +1. 9 mm in current cartridges is better than it used to be and it all boils down to shot placement regardless of the caliber. If you want a Taurus, then go for it. We all are guilty from time to time (more some than others) of being gun snobs. The bottom line is you need to be happy with your choice. If you have a range to rent the guns, go fire them and see what feels the best for you.

I have a 745 with close to 1000 rounds through it. I have had no problems with it whatsoever.
    It will eat what I feed it and I have absoutely no reservations about having this for my EDC.
    People can say what they want about Taurus, but mine hasn't failed me yet.

Tim

I am pretty new to CC and am by no means as experienced as most others on this forum. But as a relative newcomer I have both the latest gen PT-145 and PT-745 pistols (carry the latter) and have had a very positive experience with both. With 700-800 rounds through each there were only a couple FTF during the initial 50-100 rounds. They feel very good in the hand, with very manageable light recoil, and for inexpensive pistols they are far more accurate than I would have expected (745 slightly more so in my hands). The guns needed cleaning when unpacked and were not suitable for use right out of the box, but other than that they have been very satisfying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links