Thoughts on the Sig 2022

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the Sig 2022 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im thinking about a different nightstand gun (actually more of a coffee table gun since the 12g is the nightstand). Anyways, I dont have any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thoughts on the Sig 2022

Thoughts on the Sig 2022

Im thinking about a different nightstand gun (actually more of a coffee table gun since the 12g is the nightstand). Anyways, I dont have any SA/DA handguns and I was thinking of the Sig 2022 since Buds has them for a decent price. 40 has become my caliber of choice, but I may go with the 9mm. I just wanted to know this model has a good rep. I doubt that it will get carried. It seems like a good price and I just really want to buy a new gun My LGS and range had a 9mm that I rented and liked, but no 40. I had 1 extraction failure, but the gun looked like it had not been cleaned...EVER....ANyway, just wanted to know if there were any dislikes of the gun by owners.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

I have been carrying a 2022 in 9mm for almost 2 years now in a Side Guard Snap holster (see my signature) and love the pistol. It is a little hard to completely conceal with just a shirt, but it does work. I have never had a FTF or FTE and it is very accurate. It is the best feeling pistol I have ever had in my hand. And with the discounted prices it is a great value.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

I have had a 2022 40 S&W for about 7 years now,for a HD gun i would have no problem,12 round mags and nite sights,I bought the short trigger on CDNN investments for $10.00 it's a little closer for people with shorter fingers can get a proper trigger squeeze.Right now mine is loaned out to a friends wife who loves the way it shoots for HD
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have had mine for four years. It is my nightstand gun, car gun when having to leave it, range gun, and I have lent it to 3 people to shoot matches with. There has NEVER been a failure of any kind. I feel it is one of the better out of the box triggers. When new they were $800, French contract brought the price down to $600. Sig's lack of love and their new 250 put the price under $400. It is not difficult to conceal but I have a few other options. When checking out holsters most designed for the XD will fit, leather better than Kydex.

I've had my 2022 in 9mm since early this year and have put over 2,000 consecutive rounds through it with no failures. A little big for a concealed carry gun in my opinion but you will not find a more dependable firearm.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a 2022 and it is a fantastic gun. If it's going to be for nightstand duty, it will fill that role well. The trigger on that gun is one of the best. You will not be disappointed. I have carried mine, but I have other guns that are smaller and lighter and easier to carry.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Administrator
    They can be had at a great price, since they really are not that popular. I would not pay full price for one, they are not a premium gun like the Classic series is. However, they are a great value. It can be a little tough finding parts and accessories for them. As long as you know and understand that going in, they are good guns.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I thought I wanted one,bought one,put it in the safe,my GLOCKS jumped on it,and it hasn't been seen since.
    C hawk Glock likes this.

Well I hadnt known to much about them until a coworker and fellow gun nut has been buying/selling/trading them the last couple years. He always seems to have one or is making a deal with one or for one. An LEO friend/accomplished shooter bought one and I havebeen shootingt heirs off andon and they are great shooters. I would buy one of those before a P250 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. They are a little harder to find holsters and the like for but the prices are great right now and they are a well kept secret IMHO.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The sigPro is a great gun. I have a P2022 in .40S&W, and it is a tremendously accurate pistol. Also, the Pro probably has the best out-of-the-box DA/SA trigger of any of the SIG pistols these days.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I have the 2022 in .357/40. It's accurate, reliable and can double as a CC weapon. The light rail makes it extremly versatile! The 2022 is a Best Buy in my book!

Great buy on its brother the 2340 on Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    I thought I wanted one,bought one,put it in the safe,my GLOCKS jumped on it,and it hasn't been seen since.
    They had their way with little siggy a?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

A SIG for $399. This would of course only qualify you for "Junior" SIG snob status.
    mano3 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

RKM
    I've been eying up a Sig 2022 in 9mm. Sig quality in a cheaper, lighter, poly frame. Though, I think my next pistol is going to be either a G26 or G20. The G20 will fit my G30 OWB holsters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links