Crimson Trace On Glocks

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace On Glocks within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that the Crimson Trace Laser has been in use by some of you on this board on your Glocks. I am curious to know ...

Thread: Crimson Trace On Glocks

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Crimson Trace On Glocks

Now that the Crimson Trace Laser has been in use by some of you on this board on your Glocks. I am curious to know your feelings. Especially those that use them on their concealed carry pistols. Do you they make concealment any harder? How much wider do they make the pistol? How do you feel about the grip with the added piece attached? I am thinking of adding one to my carry piece so please share your wisdom.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Wow this is the first time I ever posted on here and got no responses.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Assistant Administrator
    Mike - I think Glock CT's are still relatively new and so not too many folks yet got them.

As far as width changes well - on my SIG the only ''extra'' is the emitter ''bulge'' on the right which presents no problems. I imagine too that these add-ons on a Glock would (for me) make grips feel better than standard.

Hopefully - hang on - some other input very likely.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I hope so. It was just weired to check back and see no responses.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

Just saw this thread, or I'd have jumped in sooner!

I have the CT grips on my G23. It really makes no difference in the conceal-ability at all.

As far as the "feel," I actually consider it an improvement to the Glock. The extra width is only marginal, but enough that it gives something of a "roundness" that I find more comfortable or "natural" in the hand. Kind of like the difference in feel when holding a sharp-cornered 1 X 2 board in the hand, compared to one that has had the corners rounded off.

The big difference is at the rear of the weapon, where the grip adds something of a tang, like you have with a 1911. I'm talking about the area where the web of the hand is, formed where the thumb and 1st finger come together. I provides what feels like a more secure grip.

Actually, all this is kind of hard to describe! Basically, I like it.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Thanks Mike. I can't find any at the local gun stores to take a look at. May have to take a day and do a little road trip and check out the big cities and see what I can find.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

The couple of local gun stores near me all had display stands with "blue guns," looked like generic 1911 models, one with a CT laser, one with a rail-mounted laser.

It was somewhat helpful to be able to try them both. Have to say that a rail mount held no interest for me. But at least being able to actually get my hands on a CT was helpful.

Would be nice if you could find a store that had a Glock with a CT already on it, so you could give it a try!

To tell the truth, I've gotten so used to the CT grips, if I ever decide I no longer want the laser, I think I'd still keep the grips mounted.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Just saw this thread, or I'd have jumped in sooner!

I have the CT grips on my G23. It really makes no difference in the conceal-ability at all.

As far as the "feel," I actually consider it an improvement to the Glock. The extra width is only marginal, but enough that it gives something of a "roundness" that I find more comfortable or "natural" in the hand.

Actually, all this is kind of hard to describe! Basically, I like it.

mm

I have a Glock 30 in all honesty i can't tell the difference when I am carrying it, sometimes I even forget until I draw it front the holster.

The grip does change a little but I say for the better. I believe that I have about medium size hands and the grip fits so much better. I love it.. as soon as I get the cash, I plan on buying one for my g21..

Mike 1, I know you'd get a stronger response were you to post the same question over on Glock Talk. I've had some discussion there, starting a thread that turned into a debate over which was better, Crimson Trace or Lasermax.

Links