free beretta 25 cal.

This is a discussion on free beretta 25 cal. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just remember, In Dr. No, James Bond had his 25 Beretta taken away by M because the gun was a "ladies gun". When Major Boothroyd ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: free beretta 25 cal.

Just remember, In Dr. No, James Bond had his 25 Beretta taken away by M because the gun was a "ladies gun".

When Major Boothroyd replaces Bond's Beretta 1934, he claims that it has no stopping power. He states the replacement gun's calibre as '7.65 mil with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window'. The .32 Walther PPK given to Bond established a trend in the entire series as the secret agent's signature weapon. However, it should be noted that the Beretta 1934 replaced in the film is actually a higher calibre (.380 ACP/9 mm short) with much more stopping power. In the novel it is a very small .25 (6.35 mm) calibre Beretta 418 that is replaced by the larger .32 (7.65 mm) calibre PPK. Major Boothroyd's remarks originally referred to the .25 Beretta, not the .380 Beretta 1934 shown in the briefing sequence.[37]

Personally, I think it is a cool gun, but I would do some personal testing before trusting my life with ANY weapon.
    MisterMoo likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    shot placement is king:

you shove it as far as possible down his throat and fire it.
    remove hand but leave gun in place.
    retrieve gun after subject turns purple from oxygen starvation.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Thanks for the itput. I already have a 380 pocket gun.
    Prob. put in the drawer incase i ever have a need for it. After years of us telling her she need something bigger for home defense she went and got a 38.
    She thought i would like to have it. Never owned anything smaller then a 380 in a handgun but i never turn down freebees. lol

I have one that my Father gave me about 15 years ago and it is a 1965 model that has no safety. He said it was my Grandfathers and he bought it at Western Auto with the sole purpose of shooting his Daughters boyfriend because he had beaten her. He didn't end up doing it and went blind about 2 years later so it has had about 20 rounds shot thru it and is in incredible shape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links