Which CZ?

Which CZ?

This is a discussion on Which CZ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, as I stated in my intro post I am new to carrying concealed. I plan on going with either a Crossbreed or High Noon ...

Thread: Which CZ?

Which CZ?

So, as I stated in my intro post I am new to carrying concealed. I plan on going with either a Crossbreed or High Noon IWB holster. Let me give you my particulars first. I'm 23. Six foot tall and I weigh 185-190 with a 34 inch waist. I already own a CZ 75B. The thing is I don't know if i'd rather carry it or the P-07 Duty I saw in academy for $399. I've read great things about both guns and I love CZ's. Does anyone here carry either gun? I feel the weight of the 75B will be the biggest issue.

VIP Member
    I have and occasionally carry my 75B. Yes, it is heavy, but the P01 will still have a significant amount of weight. Frankly, in a Crossbreed, I hardly even notice the weight. If you want a light gun, you will want to stay away from the service-size firearms.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    rent before you buy if its an option. Its worth it to potentially spend $100 extra dollars on rental guns and ammo to save yourself from buying a gun/caliber combo that you will just end up regretting; also, you will find a gun that you shoot good.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

I favor the .40 over anything else i've shot and I love my 75B. I handled the P-07 in the store and I felt like it was modeled after my grip. It felt natural! I don't know many gun owners and the P-07 hasn't been around long enough for it to be greater circulation. Hell, i've only seen one used 75B at my local gunstore. CZ has a fantastic reputation and from what i've read an excellent service department.

I wish I knew of some place in OK that had a P-07 I could shoot.

p01 was my carry gun and a great one at that!

VIP Member
    Wife has a 75B Compact that is a dream to shoot. I have both the P-01, and the P-07. Both are accurate and easy to carry. Have never shot the P-07, but from others I've talked to about it, it falls in line with the rest of the CZ line.

Not sure where your at in OK. Have you tried H&H Gun Range in OKC?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I'd do the CZ 75 compact. Second to that, the RAMI series.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links