What to keep - What to sell

This is a discussion on What to keep - What to sell within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, if you have read another thread I started yesterday, a friend was wanting to trade me my iPad for his Kahr P9. Trade was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What to keep - What to sell

So, if you have read another thread I started yesterday, a friend was wanting to trade me my iPad for his Kahr P9. Trade was made after taking the Kahr out during lunch.

So, my wife says I should sell it and put the money towards our credit card ($1,500 balance - not much). While I have a few months before I do that, I was thinking...The Kahr is off-grid. My Glock 26 is not. If faced with a decision that you had to give up one, which would you choose?

Her thoughts are "we don't need another gun". I can't necessarily disagree or agree. Need and want are two different things. On the other hand, it's only $1500 and this isn't going to pay it off. But, a happy wife is a happy life...

Thoughts?

If mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!

Just sayin
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I really like my PM9, the size is perfect for various carry methods, I've never shot a Glock so I can't really say much else. I'd give up my PM9 before my XDM 9 Compact though.

Keep the wife happy bro!
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Keep the domestic general happy, and keep the Glock.
    hk45c likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

pay off the debt... it will make a new gun purchase all the sweeter knowing you dont have the debt hanging over your head. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    keep the guns, sell the wife. Problem solved, as well as many others down the road
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Trade wife for a pistol.
    357and40 and mr.stuart like this.

Sell the Kahr. They're reputation is less reliable than Glock and I personally don't care for them.
    'But, but... They're customer service is AMAZING!' Who cares.
    That being said, you seem like you want to sell the glock, so you should do what you feel comfortable doing.

Sell 'em both, buy a Colt, and find a girlfriend. (just kidding)

I'd say keep the guns, and sell off a bunch of other junk that you don't need. (or sell the Kahr)

Good one guys. The only reason I'd sell the Glock is due to it being registered. Kahr = no paperwork = you're not coming to get what you don't know I have. I love my Glock, it's my second one. I have a few months to sell some stuff....

Guns and ammo may be worth their weight in gold if the dollar keeps declining. I'd find other things to sell that would make Momma happy.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Did you make the trade with the intention to sell the gun? Your original post seems to have a feeling that you made the trade because you wanted the gun.

Family financial discussion is always appropriate but something about this sounds a bit manipulative to me. Don't much go for the notion that obedience is required or she won't be happy.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Administrator
    I'd keep the Glock if I had to choose one. But, I'd strike a deal; To keep both, I'd either work OT or maybe get a second job for a few weeks to pay off the debt. A gas station cashier for a couple of weekends and maybe some week nights will earn you 1500 in a hurry. Or, get rid of some of the junk in your closets/basement and garage. Everybody has lots of that stuff.

Here's something to think about; If your truly worried about "being on the grid" with your Glock, just how to you plan to get yourself "Off the grid" when you sell it? If you get rid of the Glock, it doesn't erase records. And FWIW, I think you are worried for no reason.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I don't know enough about Kahrs, but I would not get rid of my Glock 26. I'll make my wife get rid of 1/2 her closet stuff 1st. She would not say another word after that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links