Defensive Carry banner

Every American boy needs a wheel gun...so

4K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  shockwave 
#1 ·
Have a moderate collection of autos but not one wheel gun, so I pulled the trigger and added one. I think I am going to enjoy it. I choose this SW 627 PC 357mag, because it looks like a no non-sense all business wheel gun. Comes with moon clips. I may just use it as a house gun and not try to lug this bad boy around. Any reports from those who have shot one?

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh no! Be careful. You'll become addicted to the use of revolvers.

Looks like a grand choice for a household defense handgun to me.

#7 ·
I have to admit I've never cared for revolvers. It is a two-part issue for me. One is that they are too fat, seems hard to conceal. Granted, I've never actually tried before, so it is just a guess. The other thing is just aesthetics. They just look old-timey. Sort of like, why would I want to drive a Model-T when I can drive something so much more technologically advanced. I realize that is a bad comparison since a modern revolver is every bit as capable as a defense weapon as a semi-auto. But I'm just comparing on a level of appearances.

HOWEVER - There has been a little voice in the back of my head for a while now saying that next time I buy a gun, I should make it a revolver. If nothing else, just so that I can say I have one. I've thought about trying to find an inexpensive .22LR revolver just to use as a plinking gun.

#10 ·
Adric22 said:
I have to admit I've never cared for revolvers. It is a two-part issue for me. One is that they are too fat, seems hard to conceal. Granted, I've never actually tried before, so it is just a guess. The other thing is just aesthetics. They just look old-timey. Sort of like, why would I want to drive a Model-T when I can drive something so much more technologically advanced. I realize that is a bad comparison since a modern revolver is every bit as capable as a defense weapon as a semi-auto. But I'm just comparing on a level of appearances.
Some if it is just personal taste. I would much prefer a 27 T with a 454 over a Prius.

#11 ·
Hey, I'm so much of a geezer I'd take the '27 Model T with it's original 4-banger over a Prius. I'd get by just as well locally. Well, except for the heat.

Reactions: RevolvingMag
#14 ·
From the movie Blood Work?

I had the less than glamorous 7 shot Taurus .357 Magnum snubby.

Worst, no second worst revolver I've ever owned.

The first would be the Rossi ported .357 that froze up solid after two rounds of factory ammo.

Then there is my NIB Stink and Wesson model 342 that froze up after a cylinder full of factory.

Anyhow, I think that your gun will be far better quality than mine, but know that the use of the
moon clips is probably why they couldn't get the gun to work reliably with 7 shot speed loaders.

#20 ·
That is (insert expletive here) BEAUTIFUL!

#21 ·
You will love your wheel gun! That's all we had when I was active LEO, talk about feeling a little under gunned. They finally woke up shortly after I retired. I still carry my S&W Air Weight once and awhile.

#27 ·
I've never shot one but I've fondled a couple of them. Feel's really good in my hands but I was shopping for something a little faster handling and pocketable so I ended up with an LCR .357.

I couldn't afford even a used 627 anyway. :embarassed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.