Smith & Wesson Model 60

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson Model 60 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of getting a S&W Model 60 (Pro Series). Has anyone had any experience with this model? How does the Pro Series differ from ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By chaco
  • 1 Post By Cory1022
  • 2 Post By 40Bob
  • 1 Post By wondering

Thread: Smith & Wesson Model 60

Smith & Wesson Model 60

I'm thinking of getting a S&W Model 60 (Pro Series). Has anyone had any experience with this model? How does the Pro Series differ from the stock models? Any suggestions for a gun that is comperable? I really like revolvers and I do have a Ruger Speed Six 2" barrel and a Ruger Police Service Six with 4" barrel. I am looking ot get something smaller as it will be my EDC.
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Cannot go wrong with any pro series gun. I am not sure, but i think those guns are ported, and usually have some trigger work. Good luck with your decision, and post pics of your new prize if you get it. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I have a 60 Pro, it's about a year old or so but new to me. It has nice grips, and night sights. The barrel is slab-sided, apparently it balances the gun from what I've read. It's not my hot-weather CCW (yet, until I can find a way that fits my wardrobe and get rid of my love handles). I prefer fixed sights for CCW, but I'll see how it works out. It's my truck gun for now, although it may end up as my home gun when I find a way to lock my 586 in the vehicle or my dad hands me down his 66.

IMHO, it's a beautiful gun. I found a deal before I found a Ruger, my other favorite brand.
    ArmyCop likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory1022 View Post
    I have a 60 Pro, it's about a year old or so but new to me. It has nice grips, and night sights. The barrel is slab-sided, apparently it balances the gun from what I've read. It's not my hot-weather CCW (yet, until I can find a way that fits my wardrobe and get rid of my love handles). I prefer fixed sights for CCW, but I'll see how it works out. It's my truck gun for now, although it may end up as my home gun when I find a way to lock my 586 in the vehicle or my dad hands me down his 66.

IMHO, it's a beautiful gun. I found a deal before I found a Ruger, my other favorite brand.
    I just got one (Model 60 Pro) and currently make due using a Uncle Mike's soft IWB size 15 for appendix carry but looking for something better. What holster(s) do you use or recommend? (links appreciated)
    For God, Family and Country!

Over the years have had mny revolvers for IWB I always liked Mitch Rosens Workman or Milt Sparks summer special 11 it has a forward cant that keeps the handle close an easier to draw while sitting. Both are very comfy for OWB I like
    hayesleather.com they are a work of art an really comfortable little pricey but worth it.

I bought one for my wife's last birthday at her request. She loves it. They are J-frame five-shot revolvers with a very smooth trigger. They have nice wood grips and a front night sight. She has carried and qualified with her S&W 640 Centennial for over twenty years.

Product: Model 60
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

the 60 Pro is on my wish list. looks like a great gun for me.

i had a chance to trade for a Smith 632, 3" (a 6-shot J-frame in .327 Federal), but it was a ported gun, which i don't want for SD use. looking through the S&W website, i found the 60 Pro, which fit the bill perfectly.

my plan is to carry it in a Remora IWB or an OWB holster of some kind.

Had a 640 Pro. Great gun.
    ArmyCop and GhostMaker like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

I was looking for a Model 60 myself, but found a 3" SP101 at a price I didn't want to pass up, so I went with it. I'm currently waiting on a FIST holster #1A to be delivered, so I can't give any feedback on it, but it is one you may want to look into.
    ArmyCop likes this.

Army Cop, for what its worth, I have been using Done Hume Leather for a lot of years and am totally satisfied with them. And the price
    is also very good. Try this Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods. I have 4 of them currently, and my son uses them also.
    Also, THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

I have the regular Mod 60 and love it. Carry it in a Fist #12 and Fist #20. The Ruger SP 101 would be worth a look for a lot less money.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Simply Rugged makes holsters for the 3" J-frames, too. 3" J holsters are hard to find.
    Hakkaa päälle!

This M60 / 2" has become my favorite edc... Rides in a IWB Leather Lined Kydex holster...... I carry it at 3 oclock..... Hardly know it's there..... Can't go wrong with a 60
    Attached Images

Links