crazy GEN 3 Glock ejections

This is a discussion on crazy GEN 3 Glock ejections within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today was my second day shooting my new, Gen 3, Glock 19. My first time shooting I got one shell casing spit out at my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: crazy GEN 3 Glock ejections

Today was my second day shooting my new, Gen 3, Glock 19. My first time shooting I got one shell casing spit out at my forehead. Today I just went out to shoot a few mags through it, and at about round 3 and 4 I started getting a few random shells to the head again. At one point I got one spit out, bounce off my forehead, and land and burn on my forearm.

What would cause this? I heard of these issues in a Gen 4, which is one of the reasons I went Gen 3, and now this is happening to my brand new gun.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Got a few spit out towards my head in the several rounds I've fired through my gen 3 GLOCK 19. Wear a hat, eye protection, and enjoy the brass burns (way better than having FTE's). It also adds a little pressure to your practice, just think of it as dodging bullets from the BG.

(This issue may have been addresed here in the forums, but I don't remember if it was resolved and if it was I don't remember what they did to resolve it)
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

sounds like an extractor issue
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This should fix it for you, but they are backordered. The new gen 3s and the gen 4s use the same extractors and some of them just aren't right. Some people have gone to this part and the problem went away, but not 100%.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Lone Wolf Extractor LCI 9mm - $15.95
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Glock Certified Armorer

I recall reading about this. Unfortunately, I do not recall where I read it or the solution. Sorry!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

VIP Member
    Are you a lefty?
    I havent heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

No, I'm right handed. I sure wish I wouldv'e known about this prior to purchasing. Do you guys think that I have a gun flawed from the factory? It has spit 4 of its first 35 rounds to my head
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

This was happening with my G27, and everyone just called it mythical cause; but acknowledged it does happen from time to time. After an indoor GSSF competition this winter where every other glock spit brass sideways and mine spit it all straight back I took some time for a good armorer's detail strip; and I took the time to give extra attention to make sure the ejector was sitting at exactly the proper angle (on the .40 it's straight on the 9mm you need a slight inward bend, if you can post pics of yours it would help otherwise I can scan my armorers manual photo tomorrow for you to see what I'm trying to explain google image search was a fail) and I also took the time to make sure the extractor was clean and the channel it sits in was clean. Ever since, not ever an issue again.

You're saying it's new so without seeing the G19, I'm leaning toward someone dinging up the ejector if it sat on a showroom shelf or oil causing some dust to collect behind the extractor. The process is a little like holding a paper triangle like you'd play shooting through field goals across a desk in school, and changing where you flick the paper a little bit had a big change on trajectory.

I'd say Step one is give it a good cleaning and make sure it's not over oiled (no oil residue on the slide outside of the channels) Step two is a detailed visual inspection of the ejector, step three is get several brands and bullet weights of 9mm, see if it's a particular brand/weight/type that's causing the trouble, let someone else shoot it and see if it's a grip issue. Rollo's got a good technique of letting anyone at the range that has 9mm and want's to try it, to come give it a tryout, accomplishes both and gives the gun a good test; step 4 would be taking it to an armorer getting the slide field stripped cleaned and possibly ejector replacement.

Glock Certified Armorer

My G30 used to do that to. I felt a little burr or deformity on the tip of the ejector. After I put a few hundred rounds through it it smoothed it up and it spits the brass out the sides just fine. My wife's G19 has always shot the brass out the side like it's suppose to. If it doesn't smooth up you could get a new trigger assembly that has the ejector on it and see if that helps.

VIP Member
    Let me give you the typical glock fan response. It's you, it's all you man!

I bet it's your ejector......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

RKM
    My G30 used to do this. It randomly stopped. But on occasion I get one down the back of my shirt or in the top of the head. I just don't care. Though if they were coming straight at my face, I'd be a little annoyed :) Get a new extractor and see if it goes away. Glock extractors are VERY easy to replace. Just need to detail strip the slide, and again, that's very easy.

My G19 did that too for the first few boxes.

A few days ago at the range, I had a spent case turn 180 degrees and try to load its self backwards into the chamber. That was the strangest thing I've seen it do, as the prior 3,000 or so rounds never even had so much as a stove pipe with it. I pulled back the slide, rotated the gun sideways and the case and one fresh round fell out... let the slide go and went back to it.

Wonder what the odds are of that?!

I'm wondering how big of a deal it is to replace an extractor..... I can detail strip and everything fine. Ive just never attempted anything with the extractor.
    -George Washington

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    I'm wondering how big of a deal it is to replace an extractor..... I can detail strip and everything fine. Ive just never attempted anything with the extractor.
    Seriously if you can detail strip the slide, you can replace the extractor.

‪hickok45's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Agreed, its very easy to do and practically impossible for anyone intelligent to mess up. This is a very minor issue, don't let it taint your feelings regarding your purchase. Your gun isn't 'flawed.' I bet if you called Glock they might even send you a new extractor free of charge. If not, its a very inexpensive part. Before you order anything do as others above suggested regarding cleaning. You should also post a photo of your ejector (not extractor) as it's possible that is bent/not working correctly. Good luck and keep us informed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links