Glock 30 9 round mag vs 10... Amazed.

This is a discussion on Glock 30 9 round mag vs 10... Amazed. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I carry in a Comptac M-tac holster, that I originally purchased for my G19. My G30 fits it... and for a while I've had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 30 9 round mag vs 10... Amazed.

So, I carry in a Comptac M-tac holster, that I originally purchased for my G19.

My G30 fits it... and for a while I've had the standard 10 round magazine.

I ordered a 9 round... and I'm amazed. At 3:00, its gone from a "heavy t-shirt" to being able to carry in an undershirt, just because the butt of the gun blends in with my love handles...

I was blown away going from the printing of the butt of the G19 to the G30... but now I'm just as impressed with losing the 1/4 inch of the 10 round magazine going to the 9.

Just an FYI for anyone else that likes the G30.

Glad this is working for you and thanks for sharing.

I have a G 19 and am waiting to get a G 36 which will be my EDC.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Where you find the 9 round G30 mag. They can be elusive at times.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I carry the G30 and have both 10 and 9 round mags. I use the 10 round mags for CC because I choose to give up that 1/4 inch of concealability for the xtra round. I do agree that the absence of the bulky mag extention does make a big difference.

When I use the 10mm conversion barrel the 10 round G29 mags don't have the extention. Again, big difference.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Where you find the 9 round G30 mag. They can be elusive at times.
    You can find them here.

G30/30SF GLOCK Factory Magazine 9 Round-www.glockmeister.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Cool. I actually went out and found them here a minute ago as well. They rubbed me the wrong way a few years ago when I ordered something else from them so I try not to buy from them. Midwayusa, OMB, and Ableammo have had them in the past. Will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Cool. I actually went out and found them here a minute ago as well. They rubbed me the wrong way a few years ago when I ordered something else from them so I try not to buy from them. Midwayusa, OMB, and Ableammo have had them in the past. Will check them out.
    Sorry to hear that, they have done me right so far. Good Luck.

Cheaper than dirt had them in stock.

I always use the 9 rounders in my G30. I have never understood buying a compact gun and then putting magazine extensions on it to make it bigger.

i'm trying to decide whether or not to get a 9 round mag or a 13 round mag in addition to my two 10 round mags. i don't know how i would like drawing and firing a 9 round mag with my pinky hanging

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    You know, that difference in magazine lengths does look more dramatic than one would normally assume for just a 1 round difference:

I've been thinking about the G30. How is the follow up shot with such a small platform?
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    I've been thinking about the G30. How is the follow up shot with such a small platform?
    Very,very nice. The weight of the weapon and the ergonomics make it very pleasant to shoot.

Because it is my primary CCW weapon, I have shot IDPA matches with the G30 and was amazed that it performed well and follow up shots were easy through about the 125 rounds I fired at the match.

I do have some of the 9 round magazines and that is what I usually carry with a G21 mag as a extra.

Simply one of my favorite guns and I carry it OWB under a buttoned or unbuttoned shirt most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Very,very nice. The weight of the weapon and the ergonomics make it very pleasant to shoot.

Because it is my primary CCW weapon, I have shot IDPA matches with the G30 and was amazed that it performed well and follow up shots were easy through about the 125 rounds I fired at the match.

I do have some of the 9 round magazines and that is what I usually carry with a G21 mag as a extra.

Simply one of my favorite guns and I carry it OWB under a buttoned or unbuttoned shirt most of the time.
    Now I am going to have to find one to shoot. It is the same size as the 26 right (with the 9 rounder). I like the sound of the same size gun, it's a glock, and I'd only give up one round vs my 26. Do you have an extra one with TFOs?
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

From the specs on Glock's web site, the 30 is 6.77" long vs. 6.29" for he 26. It is also a bit taller at 4.76" vs 4.17" for the 26. The 30 is 33.86 ounces loaded vs. 26.1 ounces for the 26. I am anxious to check one out, because it looks like a lot of power in a small package. That is the pistol that might make me buy a semi auto in something other than 9mm for carry.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links