Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II - Page 2

Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II

This is a discussion on Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love my Kimber. Goes bang every time. 0 fails through break in and way beyond. Not even a FFFFF until I tried to burn some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II

Love my Kimber. Goes bang every time. 0 fails through break in and way beyond. Not even a FFFFF until I tried to burn some Hornady CDs through it. It just doesn't like that rubber tip. Other than that, sweet little shooter.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

sometimes those kimbers can be a real booger. thats why i prefer to carry my glock or M&P

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I love my Kimber so far. She has been running like a champ. I also use the KimPro mags and have had no issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    My standard Kimber mags have been flawless in my Compact CDP II. The only magazine failure I ever had was a faulty Chip McCormick. I'll stick with the Kimber mags until given a reason not to.
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

VIP Member
    I recommend Pro-Tac mags and their Teflon coated follower with all the Kimbers I sell. Watch out for ammo that has a slight swelling from the bullet base in the midsection of the cartridge, as nose dives are more likely. Hold the lightweight guns a bit tighter to keep up the slide inertia horizontal. My Ultra CDP/LG is my EDC and has been 100% for the 2K rds through it, but my steel guns get most of the range work.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    I'm really wanting a Kimber Ultra Carry or Pro Carry. But if I have to buy mags and springs and gosh only knows what else for a very expensive gun I don't think I can trust them. Are they really a good carry gun?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    I'm really wanting a Kimber Ultra Carry or Pro Carry. But if I have to buy mags and springs and gosh only knows what else for a very expensive gun I don't think I can trust them. Are they really a good carry gun?

I can't speak for all of them but I can say that mine is. No work done on it and only came with one mag so I bought 2 Wilson Combat mags to add to it and all has been just fine. (ultra CDP II) like I said, it just doesn't like to eat Hornady Critical Defense rounds and it appears to be due to the steep feed inherent to a small framed 1911.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links