Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II

This is a discussion on Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love my Kimber. Goes bang every time. 0 fails through break in and way beyond. Not even a FFFFF until I tried to burn some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Breakin' in the Kimber Ultra CDP II

Love my Kimber. Goes bang every time. 0 fails through break in and way beyond. Not even a FFFFF until I tried to burn some Hornady CDs through it. It just doesn't like that rubber tip. Other than that, sweet little shooter.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

sometimes those kimbers can be a real booger. thats why i prefer to carry my glock or M&P

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I love my Kimber so far. She has been running like a champ. I also use the KimPro mags and have had no issues.

My standard Kimber mags have been flawless in my Compact CDP II. The only magazine failure I ever had was a faulty Chip McCormick. I'll stick with the Kimber mags until given a reason not to.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

VIP Member
    I recommend Pro-Tac mags and their Teflon coated follower with all the Kimbers I sell. Watch out for ammo that has a slight swelling from the bullet base in the midsection of the cartridge, as nose dives are more likely. Hold the lightweight guns a bit tighter to keep up the slide inertia horizontal. My Ultra CDP/LG is my EDC and has been 100% for the 2K rds through it, but my steel guns get most of the range work.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member
    I'm really wanting a Kimber Ultra Carry or Pro Carry. But if I have to buy mags and springs and gosh only knows what else for a very expensive gun I don't think I can trust them. Are they really a good carry gun?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    I'm really wanting a Kimber Ultra Carry or Pro Carry. But if I have to buy mags and springs and gosh only knows what else for a very expensive gun I don't think I can trust them. Are they really a good carry gun?

I can't speak for all of them but I can say that mine is. No work done on it and only came with one mag so I bought 2 Wilson Combat mags to add to it and all has been just fine. (ultra CDP II) like I said, it just doesn't like to eat Hornady Critical Defense rounds and it appears to be due to the steep feed inherent to a small framed 1911.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links