Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ????

This is a discussion on Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ???? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Kahr p380 and I never feel under gunned,with the advancements in the .380 ammo it's a lot different than the old ballistics ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ????

I carry a Kahr p380 and I never feel under gunned,with the advancements in the .380 ammo it's a lot different than the old ballistics that everybody reads about on internet forum boards that some other guys uncles brother said isn't powerful enough

How about this'''' say you weight 300 lbs and your on meth and somebody starts pumpin some .380 gold dots into your chest,,you gonna charge? or GTFO?
    HoganLongfellow likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I've owned a Colt, Government, .380, stainless for a loong time. It is fairly accurate, considering the sights suck, and has been 100% dependable. Even though I shoot 1911s on a regular basis for USPSA, and IDPA, I was looking for something small to carry that I didn't need to keep a safety on. I have Glocks, M&Ps, Sigs too, but, I still ended up buying a S&W .380 Bodyguard. My only complaints are I'd like more visible sights, and so far XS is the only other option, and I detest XS big dot sights. I'd like a lighter, smoother trigger. The factory trigger is tough to master if you need to make an accurate shot.

Last week I bought a Kimber Solo. I laid it on top of my Bodyguard, and even though it's a little thicker, it's the same size. I can see the sights with no problem, the trigger is smooth, and I found a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips. Very accurate, for a little gun, but, it has very snappy recoil. If you're considering getting something as heavy as a Sig 238, you might just as well go to a Solo.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I own two p238 and love them I have shoot well over 600 rounds in both the original one needed to be sent back to sig after only a couple hundred rounds for a spring replacement and has been flawless, the other one has never had any issues and I would bet my life on it... I don't believe you have to carry a big round to stop someone.... shot placement is what's important... if a big round doesn't hit it's target it don't make a difference..what your carry
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

For the choices listed, I favor the 238. Smooth, reliable, concealable and accurate. The LCPO is thin, has rudimentary sights and is not pleasant to shoot. The bodyguard is just too thick.

Only negative of the 238 is cost. I have a 238 incoming.

iPad/Tapatalk
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I went with a Kahr CM9. I also had looked at the P238 but after much research and comparison I opted for the 9 over the .380. They are the same size and the Kahr ran $200 cheaper. I am happy with my choice:

SAM_0945.jpg

SAM_0919.jpg

Well yesterday I finally picked up my P238. I've been wanting this for a while to add to the stable of mouse guns (P32, LCP, BG380).

3ba952f4.jpg

Next up is a snubbie

Quote Originally Posted by sdcromer View Post
    Well yesterday I finally picked up my P238. I've been wanting this for a while to add to the stable of mouse guns (P32, LCP, BG380).

3ba952f4.jpg

Next up is a snubbie
    Looks nice!

I pick mine up today....

I like the grips...
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I wish they would make an ambidextrous version of the P238. I think that is one sweet gun, but can't carry it since I'm a lefty. A DAO w/o a safety would be even better.

They are making an ambidextrous version of the P238 now - at least they are in the rosewood grips.

And I love the rosewood grips - this thing feels so good and points naturally. Can't wait to shoot on Saturday!

FYI Ruger lists the LCP as having a width of .82 inches. I just measured my S&W Bodyguard 380 with a digital caliper and the body and slide at the widest point both measured .75 inches. Measuring it using the slide lock and take down pin it measures .82 inches. I hope this helps. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    For the choices listed, I favor the 238. Smooth, reliable, concealable and accurate. The LCP is thin, has rudimentary sights and is not pleasant to shoot. The bodyguard is just too thick.

Only negative of the 238 is cost. I have a 238 incoming.

iPad/Tapatalk

I have both the LCP and sig P238. They have both been absolutely flawless and have never had one hiccup. The LCP shines in it's size and weight. It is truly a pocket pistol.
    The Sig on the other hand, is a little bit more substantial. I feel like i'm holding an actual gun, if that makes sense. It has superior sights (although I have crimson trace lasers on both). The Sig also feels to be of higher quality and materials, hence the heftier weight and price. I carry the P238 in an IWB holster.

The long double action pull of the ruger or the single action trigger (w/thumb safety) of the Sig is something to take into consideration. I think it's a personal preference. I have no problem being accurate with either.

I think you can't go wrong with either. I had a hard time deciding so I got both, lol.

I carry my LCP pretty much daily, the wife carries the P238; the Sig is my favorite.

Trigger is awesome, sites are awesome...overall a great gun. Came with a laser but i removed it...

I paid $455 for it, but it was worth it.

damn why does every .380 post turn into a caliber war....sigh. I have a feeling most of us that carry a 380 get it; some people like carrying a .45, or a 9mm, or a .40......the OP didn't post askin what caliber people carry, he asked about the p238, lcp and bg

I guess i'll never understand why people are so preoccupied with what other people carry.

If you are looking for a .380 the Sig cannot be beat.

Sweet trigger pull and the slide does not bite.
    It does not dance around or snap when firing like many others - a true joy to shoot.

Pure quality!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Another happy LCP owner here. It's my daily carry.

I also have a Beretta Tomcat in .32 ACP. It's a great little pistol that can be operated with one hand. I did a quick review of mine. Here's a link: Beretta Tomcat - YouTube

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links