Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ???? - Page 6

Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ????

This is a discussion on Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ???? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry an LCP a lot. They're so light and small. But it doesn't come near the sexy of the Sig 238. Sig is a ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sig P238 Pocket Carry? LCP? Body Guard? ????

I carry an LCP a lot. They're so light and small. But it doesn't come near the sexy of the Sig 238. Sig is a lot more fun and comfortable to shoot as well. But if I'm going to carry something as heavy as the 238, it's going to be a 9mm (weighs the same as a PM9). personal preference though. it's a great gun.

also issues with left handers due to the safety for the SAO trigger on the Sig 238. Great trigger though.

I have both a Sig P238 and a Bodyguard. The bodyguard is lighter and easier to pocket carry. The sights and trigger on the Sig are better. The Sig is also rated for +p ammo, whereas the bodyguard is not. I like them both, and use them for different carry scenarios, but I prefer the Sig.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Actually I have called S&W CS and asked if the BG380 can handle +P ammo and they told me that even though there is no standard for .380acp +P ammo that the BG380 can handle it. There is also a youtube video with an owner shooting the buffalobore +P ammo through his BG380. I hope this helps. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I have both a Sig P238 and a Bodyguard. The bodyguard is lighter and easier to pocket carry. The sights and trigger on the Sig are better. The Sig is also rated for +p ammo, whereas the bodyguard is not. I like them both, and use them for different carry scenarios, but I prefer the Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Actually I have called S&W CS and asked if the BG380 can handle +P ammo and they told me that even though there is no standard for .380acp +P ammo that the BG380 can handle it. There is also a youtube video with an owner shooting the buffalobore +P ammo through his BG380. I hope this helps. God Bless
    Thanks! I checked the S&W website and couldn't find that info anywhere! That makes me feel much better about my bodyguard.

I have owned two P238s and LCPs and only kept the LCP. I shoot it very well and it is lighter in my pocket. In the end I sold the Sigs as I already own some expensive fancy bigger ones, and kept the LCP. For combat distances it is just fine and after shooting DA revolvers for 40 years, its trigger was no problem. My issue is that the Sig was the only gun I own with a manual safety and I did not want a gun that I had to remember to do something other than press the trigger.

Several times in the last year people at the range complained that they carried the LCP due to its size and weight but could not shoot it well. I ask if I may shoot it and then promptly put one in the bullseye at 7 yards, hand the gun back and tell them there is nothing wrong with their gun or sights. Then there are the 2 new shooters I trained this year and each opted for the LCP for the same reasons a lot of people do; convenience over all else. However for people who never shot a gun before they were both putting them into a 5" circle consistantly after a half hour of practice and continue to do so.

The P238 is being sold as man jewelry with all the variations. While it is a fine gun, although both of mine used to jam versus no jams with my LCPs, some people are buying them for their looks and the fact that it is a fancy and cool looking gun with the Sig name on it at a price below that of other Sigs with fancy hardware on them. Get whatever floats your boat. If you go with a .380 check out the Hornady FTX ammo as it has 10-11" of penetration and expands all the time. In correctly done ballistic gel tests it out performs most of the popular .380 ammo plus it is light recoiling. Most people who put down the .380 have never owned them or seen the results in actual ballistic gel tests. They only go by water jugs, watermelons, and other assorted fruits and tests that do not give valid results as to the performance of ammo on humans. I personally prefer a pocket nine like my Sig P290RS but do carry the LCP at times.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links