Glock 27 or 36

Glock 27 or 36

This is a discussion on Glock 27 or 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking into getting a new glock soon. already have a g23 and a kel tec pf9. i usually carry the kel tec but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock 27 or 36

Glock 27 or 36

I am looking into getting a new glock soon. already have a g23 and a kel tec pf9. i usually carry the kel tec but i want to carry a glock more so i am looking into getting a 36 or 27. I like the idea of having the .45 and dont really mind only carrying 6+1.. From what the specs say the 36 is a about a half an inch taller and longer that the 27. Any thoughts on this? I already have a 40 cal glock so my mags would fit the 27 which is nice but not necessary at all. basically I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a significant enough size difference in the 27 and 36 to where i should stick with the 27. I want small but would rather go with 45.. thats my delima

I think you have already made your mind up to get the G36. I think it is a good choice.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Go with a G36, you will get a .45 in your carry rotation. Ask retsupt99 about the G36!

VIP Member
    Too bad you can't tuck in a G30. I just think you get a touch more .45 acp for the buck then a G36.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

In the first pic is a G27 with a +1 extension next to a G36. Second pic is a G36 next to a G27. If it were me, I would go with the baby Glock and get the G27.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Too bad you can't tuck in a G30. I just think you get a touch more .45 acp for the buck then a G36.
    I am 5'10" 165lbs and carry a G30 IWB (kholster) everyday and, for me, it's not a far stretch from carrying the G23. I agree that 10+1 of .45 is worth the extra size. Of your choices, since you already own the G23 I would get the 36.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

The G27 is smaller, thinner and lighter than the G30. The G27 is easier for me to conceal for long periods.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I can't argue with smaller and lighter equals easier to conceal.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

The true concealment ability is in the grip, and the Glock-36 has the thinnest grip of all the Glocks.
    I have five Glocks and the '36' is my EDC. It's a smooth shooter, and makes big holes..45
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have the G36. Almost the same size as your G23, but just a tad thinner. Since you already have the G23, I would go with the G27. Mag interchangeability and the G27 is a LOT easier to conceal than the G36 (I have two G33's). Going with the G27 gives you the ability to have 13+1 of hot .40SW vs 6+1 of .45acp. .40 is a proven fight stopper and the G27 will be the perfect complement to your G23.

Face it....you will eventually own both. Get the G27 first, and later the G36. G36 shoots much different from any other Glock. Violent little pistol....but oh so much fun to shoot.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Cool

My EDC is the G-23 the majority of the time and I conceal it as well AIWB as I would a G-27.

When not carrying the G-23 I carry the G-36 with an extra mag. Both do quite well.

If you want a .45 ACP get the G-36 and live happily ever after until you decide you want another Glock.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge....
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Cant tell you much about the 36 but what i can tell you is that i started out with a 23 and now carry a 27 and i love it. It conceals great and the .40 s&w is a dream to shoot. I guess one plus to it is with the stock mag you can carry 9 +1 which is a little more than what you get with the 36. Personally i think 10 rounds is too small of a mag for my liking but the 7 you get with the 36 is definitely not enough

I am starting to lean towards the 27 just because of the size. Apparently that 36 is not much different than my 23.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have both the G36 and 27. Here's my feeling. Although you said the 6+1 of the 36 doesn't bother you, the fact of the matter is for me, the 27 is more compact, carries better, and it really is nice to have 10 rounds as apposed to 7. The 36 is nearly the exact size of the 23, slide is just as wide; only the grip is thinner. For carry, I prefer the 27.
    RebelRabbi likes this.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I say go with the 27. It's higher capacity, smaller and shares mags and ammo with your 23.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links