Ruger SR/1911

Ruger SR/1911

This is a discussion on Ruger SR/1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Am I the only person on God's green earth that was unaware of this pistol. Hoochie mama I am in love. Just when I thought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR/1911

Cool Ruger SR/1911

Am I the only person on God's green earth that was unaware of this pistol.

Hoochie mama I am in love.

Just when I thought I had all the semi-auto's I needed.

Anyone got one yet ?

OS

Ruger® SR1911™ Centerfire Pistol Models
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

They are very nice! I can't afford one, but I can look at them.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

SWMBO has decided that this will be her next carry gun. I'll probably replace all the blued MIM with real stainless though.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Yes, you are the last person on the planet to get the news! LOL

chicken lips are also easier to find right now than the SR1911. Good luck.

Personally, I'd go with a Springfield Armory Stainless Loaded Service Model.....same gun...proven model. Price difference is negligible. JMO.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    chicken lips are also easier to find right now than the SR1911. Good luck.

Personally, I'd go with a Springfield Armory Stainless Loaded Service Model.....same gun...proven model. Price difference is negligible. JMO.
    The Springfield is $900.00 bucks. The Ruger can be had for under $600.00. (granted you will have to go on a waiting list) I didn't consider 300 to be negligible. Just my $.02

There was a thread running on here last week started by "Laglocks" He found a dealer selling for $590.00
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like the looks of them a lot. You are the last one to get the news... and I am waiting for the beta testers to get the recalls out of the way then I may buy one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks guys.....

American Rifleman has a write up on them this month that is pretty inclusive including field test .
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I would consider one but I have never seen one in person. Local dealer is offering $560 but I would be #41 on the list. I am not that in a hurry, I will just wait a year.

Besides the all black and Commander model will be coming out soon.(Just wishing)

I don't really care for the black controls on stainless look but that is not a deal breaker for me if the price is right. I am thrilled with the no series 80 type internals and the small billboard. Somebody at Ruger must have been listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I'll probably replace all the blued MIM with real stainless though.
    Hopefully just for cosmetic reasons and not because of some lingering doubt about MIM.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I've heard nothing but good things from others and my friends at the LGS. I've got my name on the list there and the wait is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    The Springfield is $900.00 bucks. The Ruger can be had for under $600.00. (granted you will have to go on a waiting list) I didn't consider 300 to be negligible. Just my $.02

There was a thread running on here last week started by "Laglocks" He found a dealer selling for $590.00

Buds has the Springfield Service Stainless Model for $702 today....$25FFL Transfer fee and you have $727 in it.
    Just my .02....BTW....I know gun prices.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Old School, Hickock45 did a test of one on Youtube, just google his name and Ruger 1911. It is pretty informative and he rings it out pretty good.

If you would stay off that darned boat and stop bogging all the fun, you may hear of things before it's history my friend, lol.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post

I saw a Stainless Loaded for $800 at the range Saturday. You can find them at a good price, just have to look.

I went with the Springfield Loaded Parkerized and I love it so far. My gun guy actually tried to talk me into the SR1911, and while it seems like a winner I settled on the Springfield. The SR1911 does seem awesome though.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

If you can find one go for it. But good luck finding one, I haven't seen any locally.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links