Custom Guns

Custom Guns

This is a discussion on Custom Guns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking about having a gun worked on, probably to the tune of $2,000 or so.. It will be nice when it's finished and it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Custom Guns

Custom Guns

I'm thinking about having a gun worked on, probably to the tune of $2,000 or so.. It will be nice when it's finished and it will be what I want, but my question is..if you sell one of these things, do you ever get your money back?

Would you buy a gun that had been heavily reworked?

Depends on what kind of gun it is and what kind of work you have done. Custom revolvers and 1911s seem to be pretty easy to get your money back on especialy if you go to an established customizer. (Cylinder & Slide, Novak, etc.) When you go in to the less classic guns like Glock Sig etc Im sure it would be a little harder to break even.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Probably not. Someone else's dream gun is not going to be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Depends on what kind of gun it is and what kind of work you have done. Custom revolvers and 1911s seem to be pretty easy to get your money back on especialy if you go to an established customizer. (Cylinder & Slide, Novak, etc.) When you go in to the less classic guns like Glock Sig etc Im sure it would be a little harder to break even.
    I'm looking at Cylinder & Slide and the PPK/S in my avatar. The current grips are Hogue cocobolo.. I'm thinking of going with something more exotic in their place..along with an alligator holster and belt.

For sale $8500 firm

zonker1986 and ASSA9 like this.

C&S is known for their work on Browning HP and 1911s mainly. The PPK/s has a very selected crowd. People either love them or hate them. I am absoulutely sure that whatever work you have Bill Laughridge do to your gun it will be of the highest quality, and you wont be disappointed. Just doubting there are a lot ofpeople looking for tricked out .380s. The gator rig and nice grips will make it a treat for you to carry, but may not translate to other gun buyers. You just have to know that going in.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    I'm thinking about having a gun worked on, probably to the tune of $2,000 or so.. It will be nice when it's finished and it will be what I want, but my question is..if you sell one of these things, do you ever get your money back?

Would you buy a gun that had been heavily reworked?
    Typically you never get you money back in full. I tend to run from "custom" guns as I have seen quite a few problems over the years.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    C&S is known for their work on Browning HP and 1911s mainly. The PPK/s has a very selected crowd. People either love them or hate them. I am absoulutely sure that whatever work you have Bill Laughridge do to your gun it will be of the highest quality, and you wont be disappointed. Just doubting there are a lot ofpeople looking for tricked out .380s. The gator rig and nice grips will make it a treat for you to carry, but may not translate to other gun buyers. You just have to know that going in.
    Thanks. You pretty much gave me the answer I was looking for. It's pretty much just for me and my taste. I'm thinking about a nephew that will probably inherit the thing somewhere down the road.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    For sale $8500 firm

I wouldn't pay over $8499
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    You drive a hard bargain.
    Erick46590 likes this.

I'll pay shipping and include the Wolf .380 conversion kit (barrel and mags) and 100 round of Speer Gold Dot 90 gr. JHP .380's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I'll pay shipping and include the Wolf .380 conversion kit (barrel and mags) and 100 round of Speer Gold Dot 90 gr. JHP .380's.
    Checks in the mail...

$8499.50
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Rock if you plan on passing the gun down I personally would keep it in present condition as long as it functions safely. Your nephew may appreciate the wear on it more than having a bright shiny refinished gun. A gun showing character is a gun meant to be handed down. Especially if it may be for him to use as a tool of SD.

That $2k can get you a custom gun made the way you want it or dang near it. If it's done to your specs and you enjoy it, there can't be a value placed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    $8499.50
    Grrrrrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links